• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just how many CGC'd Tony Moore sketched WD books exist?

37 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Title says it all. I'm curious to find out just how many Moore sketched WD cgc books are out there, and I can't think of a better way to find out than to ask in here and see who has one.

If you're reading this thread, you probably already have heard that Moore doesn't sketch much or at all on these books anymore, and from what I've seen it looks like even when he did, it wasn't all that often. This is what I've heard, and I'd like to find out just how true this is.

So I would love to know just how many of these WD books are out there, and if you feel like sharing, what book you have and the grade.

I thought about placing this in the signature section but I thought it would be more likely to be seen here by everyone.

you would be correct, a certain # were witnessed in his hotel room a year ago I think? I cant remember if we did it last year or the year before? lol

If it was done at the same time that the WD #10 and #19 were done (that I bought from Jay) then I *think* it says those were sketched in 2008 on the label. I would have to go and look at the book to be sure though. My #8 was done in 2009 though.

I guess T.J. and I have the only known copies other than Tony Moore! ;)

Anyone else?

I am fairly certain Steve has at least one, and Doug too. But I know there must be more out there.....

How exactly do you propose to answer your question, though?

The members of this board are just a tiny part of the comic book collecting community in general, so no matter how many books get posted in this thread, there's bound to be a ton more out there in the wild :shrug:

I'm not seriously looking for an exact number. I just like seeing the books I haven't seen before, and maybe getting a better idea of what's out there. It's really just supposed to be for fun.