• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The bump has occured

14 posts in this topic

Darth, you were bidding on the x-men 100? That's the only price variant I was following. That's at $180 right now and I'd guess it still has some room to move. I wouldn't blame Heritage for that one.

anyway, Bonds is talking about the "magic move" to the reserves that happens at Heritage a couple of days from the close of the auction. I saw it happen too. Lots of movement. Time to figure out what's "really" affordable.

Some items are apparently sold no reserve. So you could be sitting on some of those. E.g., the "whatever" run of Spider-Man barely moved above guide on some issues (I ran through them as soon as I figured the move went down.) Even the AF 15 and ASM 1 are pretty cheap (less than 2x guide for both, if I'm not mistaken.)

No it was at $180 when I saw it as well. Not for me. Will wait. Also I did win one - an Astonishing Tales 30 cent variant 2 days ago? I 'm talking about 6 30 cent var auctions last week/this week that I bid on and just got beat barely. Except for the one I won. Also I went back and bid on a new lot of 35 cent variants - about 7 of them. and this time same thing happened. I was out bid fairly quickly. I get what you guys mean about the magic move.

Oh, books from this past weekend? I wasn't watching those. I don't follow as many books in the monthly auctions as I do in the live auctions (with the live auctions I can thumb through the catalogue), and I rarely look for bronze books at Heritage so I totally missed them.