• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian's Phx ComicCon Report Lots of pics.

78 posts in this topic

Nice pics and con report, thanks. When I heard about that bill passing into law. I knew there would be protesters. I asked myself just what does an American Citizen look like?

America is a big melting pot of people from all over the world. So going by a persons looks is a very bad idea. IMHO

When{not if} this bill is brought to the US Supreme Court. I can't see them letting this bill stand as it is. I mean getting asked to show your ID papers simply because the police officer doesn't like your shoes?? There has to be a better way than this..

Imagine being asked for the 4'th time in a day to show your ID to the police!! Once, OK no problem. Twice, well OK. After that it is going to start to get a tad upsetting and annoying!!

Nice pics and con report, thanks. When I heard about that bill passing into law. I knew there would be protesters. I asked myself just what does an American Citizen look like?

America is a big melting pot of people from all over the world. So going by a persons looks is a very bad idea. IMHO

When{not if} this bill is brought to the US Supreme Court. I can't see them letting this bill stand as it is. I mean getting asked to show your ID papers simply because the police officer doesn't like your shoes?? There has to be a better way than this..

Imagine being asked for the 4'th time in a day to show your ID to the police!! Once, OK no problem. Twice, well OK. After that it is going to start to get a tad upsetting and annoying!!

They published the bill in the paper and without giving to many details its not quite what the media is saying.

My rant for the day was the Stan Lee signing, 300 tickets were sold at 50.00 a pop. I bought two. 1/2 hour till the signing we were "allowed" to line up. I was near the front with several others, The staff then said that the front area was full so myself and about a dozen other were stuck having to go to the end of the line and wait outside the Convention center. Luckily it was only in the upper 80's. They came up with rules for everyone. you could place the books in front of Stan, you couldn't talk to him, ask for him to personalize the book, and take a picture yourself. So while I spent 100.00 to meet Stan I was allowed 10 seconds if that in front of him. Total B.S. Each person should have been able to aleast have him say hello to them. This wasn't Stan's fault , but the Con organizers. There were quite a few upset people in line due to the restrictions. So here is my quick Stan Pic.

con013-1.jpg