• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Parallax? Already?!?

19 posts in this topic

Apparently Parallax will be the MAIN Villain

In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan.

Hal is a gifted and cocky test pilot, but the Green Lanterns have little respect for humans, who have never harnessed the infinite powers of the ring before. But Hal is clearly the missing piece to the puzzle, and along with his determination and willpower, he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris (Blake Lively), if Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax…he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.

Too read the whole thing go here...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18593

As the owner of a couple of GL items, I found this article to be more interesting:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18565

Warner Bros Gearing for Green Lantern Mania

New information from the Time Warner shareholders meeting proves they are banking on Green Lantern to be their latest cross-media cash cow.

Last night, The Hollywood Reporter managed to get their hands on a few slides from the Warner Bros' investor meeting; a meeting which brought us definitive news of the studio's plans for Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman films.

One of the slides focused on their next superhero adaptation, Green Lantern, and the projected cross media campaign that will follow suit:

The Consumer Products and Games bullet points appear to go hand-in-hand with the Green Lantern film, which is scheduled for release June 17th, 2011. The most interesting points seem to be regarding two new animated ventures. During yesterday's meeting, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner's Turner Networks unit, Phil Kent, announced that Green Lantern: The Animated Series has been optioned to Cartoon Network. The slide, however, mentions that the cartoon will be of the Computer Generated variety; which gains more and more popularity with younger audiences.

The second, and most quizzical, reference is the Made-for-Video Green Lantern feature WB is planning to release a month before the live-action film hits theaters. Bruce Timm, the 'godfather' of Warner Bros. animation department, denied that any Green Lantern animated films were on the studio's production slate due to the first's under performance in sales; which contradicted earlier reports that a Green Lantern animated prequel, one that would focus on the creation of the DC universe and the Green Lantern Corps' place in it, was secretly being penned.

One thing is fairly certain, though; Warner Bros is putting a lot of stock into Green Lantern not just becoming one of their tentpole film franchises, but a household brand name along the lines of Batman.

Image courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter

As the owner of a couple of GL items, I found this article to be more interesting:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18565

Warner Bros Gearing for Green Lantern Mania

New information from the Time Warner shareholders meeting proves they are banking on Green Lantern to be their latest cross-media cash cow.

Last night, The Hollywood Reporter managed to get their hands on a few slides from the Warner Bros' investor meeting; a meeting which brought us definitive news of the studio's plans for Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman films.

One of the slides focused on their next superhero adaptation, Green Lantern, and the projected cross media campaign that will follow suit:

The Consumer Products and Games bullet points appear to go hand-in-hand with the Green Lantern film, which is scheduled for release June 17th, 2011. The most interesting points seem to be regarding two new animated ventures. During yesterday's meeting, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner's Turner Networks unit, Phil Kent, announced that Green Lantern: The Animated Series has been optioned to Cartoon Network. The slide, however, mentions that the cartoon will be of the Computer Generated variety; which gains more and more popularity with younger audiences.

The second, and most quizzical, reference is the Made-for-Video Green Lantern feature WB is planning to release a month before the live-action film hits theaters. Bruce Timm, the 'godfather' of Warner Bros. animation department, denied that any Green Lantern animated films were on the studio's production slate due to the first's under performance in sales; which contradicted earlier reports that a Green Lantern animated prequel, one that would focus on the creation of the DC universe and the Green Lantern Corps' place in it, was secretly being penned.

One thing is fairly certain, though; Warner Bros is putting a lot of stock into Green Lantern not just becoming one of their tentpole film franchises, but a household brand name along the lines of Batman.

Image courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter

Also you have to consider the fact that WB/DC comics could lose the film rights to Superman,so they have to push the Green Lantern movie to mainstream audiences.

I'm very interested in how they will tackle Parallax in the first movie hm

The same way villains are tackled in all modern Hollywood action movies: with lots of explosions.

The same way villains are tackled in all modern Hollywood action movies: with lots of explosions.

I thought only Michael Bay does movies with lots of explosions? (shrug)

I thought only Michael Bay does movies with lots of explosions? (shrug)

It seems to me that most post-76 Hollywood action movies end with explosions.

If they introduce Parallax as the entity embodying fear, I think it's a great move for the movie and the GL Franchise, as it opens up the idea of the color spectrum of the Lantern Corps.

I'm assuming that Geoff Johns is working with the movie in at least some capacity, so I think the potential is certainly there.

If they introduce Parallax as the entity embodying fear, I think it's a great move for the movie and the GL Franchise, as it opens up the idea of the color spectrum of the Lantern Corps.

I'm assuming that Geoff Johns is working with the movie in at least some capacity, so I think the potential is certainly there.

He is heavily involved with all aspects of the movie! :cloud9:

This is a great move, IMHO, if handled well as it sets up the "fall of Sinestro" to be the focus of the second movie. You could take a "seduced by the dark side (Parallax)" approach with it which should be a lot of fun. It looks like they are taking time to set things up in the first movie to play out in the sequels, as well as potentially lead to spin-offs. Here's hoping that Warner Bros does not things up and GL becomes another key film franchise alongside Batman.

FWIW, if they do things right on the animated side they could have two running series - GL starring Hal and a GL Corps cartoon along the lines of the Star Wars Clone Wars series that my kids love (and Dad does not mind watching with them lol ).

This is a great move, IMHO, if handled well as it sets up the "fall of Sinestro" to be the focus of the second movie. You could take a "seduced by the dark side (Parallax)" approach with it which should be a lot of fun. It looks like they are taking time to set things up in the first movie to play out in the sequels, as well as potentially lead to spin-offs. Here's hoping that Warner Bros does not things up and GL becomes another key film franchise alongside Batman.

FWIW, if they do things right on the animated side they could have two running series - GL starring Hal and a GL Corps cartoon along the lines of the Star Wars Clone Wars series that my kids love (and Dad does not mind watching with them lol ).

I love it when parents watch cartoons with their kids :whee: