• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norton 360, Firefox and the Registry

1 post in this topic

I use two different computers to access the Registry. One had Norton 360 v. 4.0 and was painfully, painfully slow at processing additions or deletions to larger Registry sets like Avengers, X-men or Amazing Spider-man. It also runs Windows 7 so I never knew if it was Win 7 or Norton 360 that caused the problem.

My other computer used Norton Internet Security and, while the larger sets were slow, it was still functional and didn't really cause any headaches. The computer runs on Windows XP.

My subscription on the Norton Internet Security computer expired and I was automatically upgraded to Norton 360. Now that computer has a ridiculously slow connection to any of the larger Registry sets. Slow enough that the connection often times out before getting things through to the Registry.

Anyone else having similar problems and have a solution short of turning off the firewall and disabling the safe web searching option?