• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Frazetta Famous Funnies Portfolio Prints, Group of 8 (Russ Cochran) CLOSED

34 posts in this topic

I need some spending $$ for Our Florida Vacation next week. ( My boy wants to Parasail) Just 1 item for sale this week but it's a good one!!!

Frank Frazetta Famous Funnies Portfolio Prints, Group of 8 (Russ Cochran, 1975). In 1953 and 1954, while working as an assistant to Al Capp, Frank Frazetta drew a series of eight covers for Famous Funnies comics #209 through #216. These eight covers, all featuring the character Buck Rogers, have made these issues valuable collector's items. This portfolio was reproduced from the original drawings, with the colors added by Frazetta. Far superior to the comic book versions, these eight prints were printed on heavy stock without type or logos. They represent some of the finest artwork ever created for the comic book medium. The prints range from 12.5" x 13" to 12.5" x 17". Some very light wear to the outside envelope, otherwise the envelope and the prints are in Excellent condition.

My camera does not do these justice. The outside boarders are bone white!!! Please PM me with any questions or Offers!

$550 Shipped Or Best Offer. Needs to be paid by Saturday.

I've had a few boardies tell me they would not sell this set for any amount of money. CLOSED SOLD

S7302905-2.jpg

I don't see any signatures by Frank, so I am probably answering my own question here but, is this some kind of special edition or is this the regular Cochran portfolio he put out in '75-76?

As far as I know this is the regular Cochran portfolio he put out in '75-76

This set does not come up for sale all that often. There was a Black and White edition also.

Did I mention my Wife wants to go Jet skiing while in Florida also. I could use the $$ folks. I just want to lay on the beach before the oil gets there.

Love to get an Offer or 2 or 3.

I have had a few Offers so far but I will leave this open a little while longer. If the set sells I would like to get it shipped out by Friday. If not it would be another week till I could Ship.

If it does not sell then it goes back into the Vault. Thanks so far for everyones PM's and Comments.

I own one of these....not in this kind of shape....I can't express in words how awesome this portfolio is. They're large, detailed, and have a power that few comics images can attest. If you're a Frazetta fan, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to this...you won't regret it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u