• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #4

27 posts in this topic

Hey gang. Not sure how to grade this...there is less than a 3/8" (about 9 mm) split at the apex of the spine next to the "H" in HULK (just above the "2" in the red band that goes across the cover). There is also a very slight staple tear at the bottom of the top staple that leads to the split. You can see the split where the paper "bulges" a touch at the spine in the area of the top staple. Book would likely grade 9.2 (with a possible shot at 9.4) without this defect. Anybody want to take a shot? I have an idea and I've also asked some other opinions via PM. What think ye?

Hulk4.jpg

Hulk4b.jpg

Staples are both solid. There is simply a small tear going from the bottom of the top staple across horizontally to the spine split, and then the spine split goes up from there for about 9 mm (which is shorter than the length of the staple but in the same area as the top staple).

Thanks!

I'll go 8.5...beauty! :headbang:

Thank you!

a) Wheredja get it? :baiting:

:whistle:

b) Are you sending it in? :sumo:

That was the plan.

:grin:

Possible CGC 8.0 ...although I had a CGC 7.5 B&B 34 whose only real problem was a spine split about that size, although it also had some paper loss in the split area. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Staples are both solid. There is simply a small tear going from the bottom of the top staple across horizontally to the spine split, and then the spine split goes up from there for about 9 mm (which is shorter than the length of the staple but in the same area as the top staple).

Thanks!

I'd go 8.5, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hit was minimal (9.0). Nize copy! (thumbs u

this would look great in the ari gold collection! I'll go 8.5/9.0.

LLOOOYD!!! pull up the GPA on this right NOW! or you'll be out of here quicker than R. Kelly at a girl scout meeting!!!!