• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 1930s/40s GA pulps!

46 posts in this topic

Welcome to another pulp sale thread! I'm still trying to raise funds towards that mythic Tec #35 I may someday own :), and am reluctantly putting some more of my pulp collection on the chopping block. I think there's some neat stuff coming up, and I've certainly tried to keep prices reasonable. Hope you see something you like!

I'm also going to kick things off with a discount:

Buy 2 or more books and take 10% off all listed prices!

Shipping is extra. Thanks for looking! (thumbs u

--Jon

The Mysterious Wu Fang, March 1936 in Good/Good-. Classic, classic bondage/torture/"oriental menace" cover... this one has it all, with equally lurid stories inside. One of the coolest pulp titles to come out of the 1930s, and this is the best cover of its short run. Attractive lower-grade copy, but book has trimming on the right edge & the cover overhangs, and the inside covers have unnecessary tape reinforcement along the edges. Other than that, solid with supple pages and a wild read. I hate to offer this issue for sale & promise you you won't find one cheaper, if you can find one at all.

$175

wufang1936new.jpg

Back

Famous Fantastic Mysteries, June 1948 in VG+. Classic devil cover by the great Virgil Finlay. Rich color strike; small piece of tape at top of spine.

$23 SOLD

84485.jpg

Fantastic Adventures, Jan 1941 in VG/VG+. Really pretty purple GGA cover with a funky robot. Glossy book, above average condition with light wear; spine slightly faded.

$12

fantadv1-41.jpg

Back

The Mysterious Wu Fang, March 1936 in Good/Good-. Classic, classic bondage/torture/"oriental menace" cover... this one has it all, with equally lurid stories inside. One of the coolest pulp titles to come out of the 1930s, and this is the best cover of its short run. Attractive lower-grade copy, but book has trimming on the right edge & the cover overhangs, and the inside covers have unnecessary tape reinforcement along the edges. Other than that, solid with supple pages and a wild read. I hate to offer this issue for sale & promise you you won't find one cheaper, if you can find one at all.

$175

wufang1936new.jpg

Back

Tough tough pulp and a great cover! (worship)

Fantastic Adventures, July 1948 in VG/VG+. Sweet GGA cover with rich colors... really nice deep cover inks & colorful spine. As with many of these pulps, some cool B/W illos inside... check out this eye-popping GGA illo by Virgil Finlay. Link

$25

fantadv7-48.jpg

Back

Fantastic Adventures, July 1950 in G+. Completely insane "hot girl getting mauled by giant dog" cover! Very bright, glossy copy with deep reds on cover & spine.

$25 SOLD

fantadv7-50.jpg

Back

Future, March 1940 in GVG. Super GGA sci-fi cover, very reminiscent of then-current Fox & Timely covers. Light stain upper left; pages lightly tanning on edges, chips to spine ends, some edge wear but looks pretty nice.

$25

future1940.jpg

Back

G-Men, April 1939 in Good+. Neat detective pulp, which would have been on the stands right around the same time as Detective #27(!). There's pencil tracing on the cover, and a heavy spine dent. Pretty cover colors.

$19

gmen39.jpg

Back

Marvel Science Stories, Nov 1938. Amazingly fresh, pretty copy of this classic Red Circle (pre-Timely) pulp!... with a near-nude GGA/bondage cover by Frank Paul. Bold, glossy cover colors and crisp, colorful spine; pages are white (!) with the barest tinge of yellowing, and the spine lettering is blood red (link). The only flaw of note is a piece torn off the ULC of the back cover (see link below); other than that, condition is pushing Fine. Very sharp copy for a 1938 pulp... VERY tough to find this nice.

$105 SOLD

marvelscience.jpg

Back

Science Fiction Quarterly, Feb 1953 in G/G+. Clean flat cover and colorful spine, but edges a bit chippy, esp. on back. Good-looking for the grade.

FREE with any purchase. :banana:

scifiquarterly2-53.jpg

Back

Startling Stories, May 1949 in GVG. GGA cover by Earle Bergey, with very rich colors. Discreet spine splits at top & bottom (1", 2") and a few minor tears (note: the scan is greatly exaggerating the overhang rumples along top edge). Colorful spine. Sweet book.

$25

start5-49.jpg

Back