• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Spectre Rules!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Grade wise, I'm sure. I have more I need to add. Just wasn't sure if people would be upset by me showing non coppers in the copper forum.

These aren't copper books, so why did you create a thread to showcase them in the copper forum?

Grade wise, I'm sure. I have more I need to add. Just wasn't sure if people would be upset by me showing non coppers in the copper forum.

These aren't copper books, so why did you create a thread to showcase them in the copper forum?

Supposably he is making fun of my thread.

(shrug)

Maybe because I showcased bronze age to modern age in mine although a big portion of it was copper. My thread has moved over to more modern shown as of late but only because I have not found any of the back issues at my lcs to post and lots of Moon Knight modern have been coming out. I have mentioned it to the mods but they left it in copper and they could move it any time..

Any interest in putting this thread on-topic? Or is that beside the point? :ohnoez:

41754-spectre23.jpg41755-spectre6.jpg

41756-spectre22.jpg

93222.jpg

1564269-spec54.jpg

Oh, and if there are any complaints about these 1990s books being too late for Copper Age, I'll just remind you that

:gossip: There is no such thing as a "copper age" of comics.

Really. :sumo:

Oh, and if there are any complaints about these 1990s books being too late for Copper Age, I'll just remind you that

:gossip: There is no such thing as a "copper age" of comics.

Really. :sumo:

lol

Still, great books!

Didn't know Corben did a Spectre cover - nice!

There have been many excellent Spectre covers over the years - going back to the GA of course, but Murphy Anderson's SA covers don't really do it for me. Anderson did plenty of fantastic covers during the SA, but I don't think he really captured the supernatural eerieness of the Spectre. The Showcase #61 has a particularly goofy cover.

In some fairness, I have a distinct preference for the supernatural avenger version of the Spectre over the cosmic warrior that DC was clearly aiming for when they first revived him.

I do like the way the phantom Flash is drawn on the B&B cover - but I imagine that is Infantino, not Anderson's doing.

The 90's Ostrander/Mandrake run was great. I'm only a handful of issues left that I need to pick up in order to complete my one and only comic series run.

I haven't read the Hal Jordan Spectre series since it doesn't seem to pop-up in bargain bins that much. I've picked up Tales of the Unexpected and Inf. Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre to find out how the Crispus Allen character is handled, but after reading some stories with him as the lead, the writers have not told any really interesting AND solid arcs with him dispatching bad guys.

Allen's character seems to question the deeds of the Spectre a lot more than Corrigan's version from the 90s, but I can't compare how Hal handled it when he hosted the Spectre. Just waiting for a full run of Hal's series to come up cheap so I can finally read it.