• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Singature Series Heroe's con question

20 posts in this topic

First time submitting books for SS at a con. Do I need to fill out forms ahead of time or will they be filled out at the booth? I tried doing the PDF forms, but the cost totals were wrong, or is that somthing that will be adjusted when dropped off?

Thanks for any info as I am planning on having 30-50 books signed this weekend!

First time submitting books for SS at a con. Do I need to fill out forms ahead of time or will they be filled out at the booth? I tried doing the PDF forms, but the cost totals were wrong, or is that somthing that will be adjusted when dropped off?

Thanks for any info as I am planning on having 30-50 books signed this weekend!

At the booth or table should be ok.

Have fun!

A bit of advice from my first SS experience at c2e2, ask and make sure that they leave your invoice(s) open if possible. I know that with so many creators, you never know who/what you'll find that you would like to get signed. CGC will close up your invoice and pack it up, possibly not to be found again, so if you realize there's an additional creator that you want to add to a certain book, you may be SOL. Now with that many books...I have no idea how that'd work. I'm sure there's more seasoned collectors who could address that.

And be sure you have your account # to put on the invoice to get your discount.

A bit of advice from my first SS experience at c2e2, ask and make sure that they leave your invoice(s) open if possible. I know that with so many creators, you never know who/what you'll find that you would like to get signed. CGC will close up your invoice and pack it up, possibly not to be found again, so if you realize there's an additional creator that you want to add to a certain book, you may be SOL. Now with that many books...I have no idea how that'd work. I'm sure there's more seasoned collectors who could address that.

The regular 10% discount doesn't apply to SS books at shows - you're paying the full monty there ($27 pr. modern book for 1 signature, $5 pr. extra signature + return shipping from CGC).

The regular 10% discount doesn't apply to SS books at shows - you're paying the full monty there ($27 pr. modern book for 1 signature, $5 pr. extra signature + return shipping from CGC).

Duly noted Michael, thanks. One additional benefit though is that you'll be able to access it through your account without having to call in. But you'll call in anyway.

Duly noted Michael, thanks. One additional benefit though is that you'll be able to access it through your account without having to call in. But you'll call in anyway.

And you won't have to pay separate shipping costs.

Nobody did C2E2 smoother than Michael did. That was the best show I have ever been to for SS. Kudos to Joe Pierson and the gang. There is still a learning curve under the new regime, but they knock it out of the park!!!!

Just a quick update, I was first in line when CGC opened for business on Friday morning and informed the first CGC rep who approached me that this was my first time submitting sig books at a con, so I completed the submission form. The rep who checked my books informed me that I needed to leave bigger windows on the cardboard backing boards, so I said ok from now on I will do so.

Went back on Saturday with my account number which I was told I needed to be able to check on current status (did not catch previous post in time), and asked about the status of the books with the lady who was working at the time and she knew nothing about it, I informed her they were signature series books and she informed me that I needed to list the sigs requested on my form, I told her the same thing I had told the guy who assisted me the first day that this was my first time doing signature series book, but that I was not informed of that when I filled out the forms (plus the windows which were cut out on the books had the creators names for sigs as well as SS box was checked).

Sunday, I decided against submitting anymore books as I knew it was the last day of the con. I said hello to Joe Pierson and said thanks for all of his work with the recent Master's Signing which I had submitted four books to NY Comics.

While speaking and thanking Mr. Pierson for all of his hard work, one of the other CGC employees proceeded to inform me that I need to leave larger windows for artist to sign and that he actually just removed the backing boards from some of the books for the sigs, it would not have bothered me but this was the same guy I spoke with on Friday when I first went to drop off books and who I informed that this was my first time submitting SS books at a con.

My main problem is this, I enjoy CGC books and granted I do not submit as often as some high volume dealers. But I have submitted close to 1,400 in the past two to three years, I read a post recently which talked about avoiding certain dealers at cons and I would hate to do this with CGC, but I was not thrilled with their customer service at all. When I first dropped off the books on Friday morning they informed me that they would try to get them signed, i am curious if anyone else has ever had any similar issues when submitting at a con.

This is not the right place to complain about CGC services at a convention. Call them and speak with them directly.

As far as conventions go, I have NEVER had a problem with CGC or its employees.

Maybe I'm reading your post incorrectly, but it seems you were unhappy about 2 things:

1) Nicole (likely the lady with whom you spoke at the booth) informed you that the signatures you wanted them to obtain needed to be listed on your form, something the previous guy didn't mention to you.

2) Bill or Mike (the non-Joe guys at the booth) told you once on Friday and once on Sunday that the windows made for the signatures need to be bigger and you felt that once was all you needed to be told.

Is that a fair assessment, or am I reading that incorrectly? I'm genuinely curious.

Based on personal experience and the testimonies of others, the folks at CGC will bend over backwards to make the customer happy, whether on the phone, here on the boards, and at a show. I can think of examples of each where the CGC employee went above and beyond to ensure I was happy with their service. It was a pleasure to see Joe and Bill this weekend, Mike was always available to witness a signature for me (it didn't matter how many times I came back), and it was my first time meeting Nicole (I hope I'm remembering her name correctly), but she seems to be cut from the same cloth as every other customer service rep I've ever dealt with at CGC: hard-working and easy-going.

I'm very curious to know exactly what you were displeased about regarding their customer service. Did they end up getting the signatures you wanted?

-Adam

Hey my question is if you were at the Convention why not obtain the signatures yourself? More control that way FYI. Plus I believe that CGC might charge you $5 a sig at a con.....whereas if you got them yourself you would save $$.......

anyways best of luck with your next submission.....the folks at CGC are very nice and accomodating......it just takes a bit to figure out the SS thing.

Cheers!

Sean

(Your windows for my signing were big enough) :)

Based on personal experience and the testimonies of others, the folks at CGC will bend over backwards to make the customer happy, whether on the phone, here on the boards, and at a show. I can think of examples of each where the CGC employee went above and beyond to ensure I was happy with their service. It was a pleasure to see Joe and Bill this weekend, Mike was always available to witness a signature for me (it didn't matter how many times I came back), and it was my first time meeting Nicole (I hope I'm remembering her name correctly), but she seems to be cut from the same cloth as every other customer service rep I've ever dealt with at CGC: hard-working and easy-going.

I'm very curious to know exactly what you were displeased about regarding their customer service. Did they end up getting the signatures you wanted?

-Adam

I have to agree with Adam. The CGC folks have always been great with me, and I drive them crazy at the both with my sketch fever.

First off let me apologize for previously posting in the wrong forum. I have sent a PM to Joe Pierson and informed him that I apologize if my previous post came off as a bit harsh.

#1- I had no problem with anything in regard to not being notified about info needed on the submission form, just stated that the first representative I talked to never informed me that I needed to list creaters names on the form. Nicole (I think that is her name) was very helpful whenever I came to the CGC table.

#2- Being told that I needed to leave larger windows for signatures the first time on Friday was no problem (1st time turning in books for SS, learn as you go), the second time on Sunday around the time I was thanking Joe Pierson for all of his recent effort with the Master's Signing which I

The books were all signed and I am thrilled with that!

#2- Being told that I needed to leave larger windows for signatures the first time on Friday was no problem(1st time turning in books for SS, learn as you go), the second time on Sunday around the time I was thanking Joe Pierson for all of his recent effort with the Master's Signing which I had submitted 4 books for via NYComics, I heard a mild lecture from the same person who had previously informed me about leaving bigger windows on my books and how he took some of them out of the bags to get them signed and yes I overreacted with my previous post and I apologize.

The books were all signed and I am thrilled with that!