• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning: EBay seller Spider-ManInfo

27 posts in this topic

You know what I find funny...?

He's been selling since 2002 (his very first feedback as a seller is from Darthdiesel), and yet he didn't receive his first neg until 2007.

Then, when the retaliatory feedback option is removed by eBay in 2008....they start rolling in.

Funny.

How many people were afraid to leave bad feedback prior to that....?

Those of you who complain that sellers can't leave poor FB for buyers should pay attention to this example...and, as Jeffro said, there are many...thousands, perhaps....that are worse.

You know what I find funny...?

He's been selling since 2002 (his very first feedback as a seller is from Darthdiesel), and yet he didn't receive his first neg until 2007.

Then, when the retaliatory feedback option is removed by eBay in 2008....they start rolling in.

Funny.

How many people were afraid to leave bad feedback prior to that....?

Those of you who complain that sellers can't leave poor FB for buyers should pay attention to this example...and, as Jeffro said, there are many...thousands, perhaps....that are worse.

Thank you for pointing that out. I wondered what real affect that would have when eBay did that. I knew that when I left the feedback for cdpaoli recently, but might not have before the change.

I really enjoyed reading the negative ratings and the sellers responses to each

I would keep the comic and move on--this guys doesn't seem stable :screwy:

Notice how it's everyone else's fault....never his. He never, ever apologizes for anything, ever, because it's never his fault.

I wonder how many honest buyers he's accused of trying to "scam" by him...?

I wonder how many thousands of people he's ripped off with his extremely overgraded comics... hm

Check out the negs/neutrals he left when he was able to. Notice that he retaliates for every poor feedback he received, back when he could.

He even retaliates for a neutral with a negative. Classy.

I love all the withdrawals, too. Buyers, fearful of their FB scores, were easily extorted into removing the FB they left. eBay is such a brilliant company.

You people who think sellers should be able to leave negs/neutrals for buyers...pay attention. This story was repeated thousands of times, on a daily basis, for years.

Too many people I think rely on the rating number without actually checking the neg details. That's where a site like Toolhaus comes in. I have a feeling not enough people know about it though.

When you have sellers with 10, 20, 30k or more transactions, they can have many negs but their rating is still quite high. It's always best to get into the weeds and dig before choosing to do business with them.

imo

Well, I filed a SNAD with PayPal and will be shipping the book back to him tomorrow. So we'll see how this ends up. Another thing I found out about this seller is he's the administrator of a huge Spidey fan site.

http://www.samruby.com/

I'm a bit shocked that somebody that can provide so much good Spidey information can be such a hard headed doofus on Ebay.

Too many people I think rely on the rating number without actually checking the neg details. That's where a site like Toolhaus comes in. I have a feeling not enough people know about it though.

Yeah, but you don't even need Toolhaus with a guy like this. All you have to do is click on his feedback, and you see this in the box:

Positive feedback rating Positive 296 1723 2310

Neutral feedback rating Neutral 3 3 3

Negative feedback rating Negative 2 14 14

If I saw all those negs and neutrals, I'd skip the auction and wouldn't even bother checking Toolhaus except for laughs.

I'm not trying to disparage anybody who's bought from this guy, I'm just sayin.' :foryou:

From his feedback.

"In 6 years I NEVER resorted to name calling to which e-bay MONITORS."

However.....

"Unsupported accusations based on emails & images saved - VERY dishonest Seller"

"Absolutely unreal. Invoices updated WEEKLY within 24 hours after asked. Wackjob."

Where R Scans??? Only 1 out of 90+ comics not NM. Buyer is HIGHLY delusional.

Irresponsible Buyer. Packaged with 3 layers bubble wrap & plenty of newspaper

Now, would you consider that name calling?

Edit: I also like how he defends 3 layers of bubble wrap and plenty of newspaper as proper protection.