• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What If...

3 posts in this topic

What if the Joker had 1st appeared in Detective Comics 40 like he was originally intended to? How much would Tec 40 be worth today. Joker is argueably the biggest DC villain to come out of the GA. It's hard to gauage how much value he adds to Batman 1 since well it's Batman 1 and also has Catwoman's 1st appearance. Superman 1 is worth a ton just for being the 1st issue. The only other villain I think on the Jokers level is Lex Luther and his 1st appearance is only worth a little more then the Joker's 1st cover appearance in Tec 40. Tec 40 (Gerber 6) might be slightly rarer than Action 23 (Gerber 5). So anyone have any guesses on what type of money the Jokers 1st appearance would have brought in had it not been in an already Key number 1 issue?

I would guess somewhere in the $25K to $30K since all of the early 'Tec books seems to be going for a high price. The early 'Tec books are going for a lot more money than the corresponding early Action run. I guess this is due to the influence of key characters, classic covers, etc. Still, I am surprised at some of the prices such as $41K for issues #29 & 31; $55K for #33; and $50K for #38.

I guess I better not complain too loudly since I have three out of these four books along with a few of the other early Tec's from #28 to #40. Too bad they are all in semi low grade condition only.