• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,937 posts in this topic

My books are officially "scheduled for grading" ! After staring at verified so long I'll take it! :) Just hope I can get these back in hand by next Thursday or I won't have them to take to Heroes with me.

My books are officially "scheduled for grading" ! After staring at verified so long I'll take it! :) Just hope I can get these back in hand by next Thursday or I won't have them to take to Heroes with me.

Are these books coming back to you via FedEx or by USPS? Shipping by USPS Registered Mail often takes as long as a week to get to you once the box is shipped from CGC while FedEx should only take 2-3 days.

Here's a tip: most of the time when an invoice says "scheduled for grading" online, the books have actually already been graded. So if you're impatient, call CGC later today and ask them about the status - if the books have been graded, they can send you the grades through email.

That's interesting to know....

Of course I'm dying to know what grades they got but I really just wanted to have them in hand for some trading. I sent about a 2/3 keep and 1/3 sell bunch of books for grading with that in mind. Thought I would have had time but if not they will probably show up on here somewhere.

Are these books coming back to you via FedEx or by USPS? Shipping by USPS Registered Mail often takes as long as a week to get to you once the box is shipped from CGC while FedEx should only take 2-3 days.

I think I marked it USPS registered mail but honestly I can't remember. I'm too distracted by your Florida State pic. :lol:

I think I marked it USPS registered mail but honestly I can't remember. I'm too distracted by your Florida State pic. :lol:

You could call CGC and find out which shipping method you chose. And you could change it to FedEx if you wanted. It's a little pricier but not by much.

And that's a pic of Jen Sterger in my avatar. :banana:

:popcorn:

i finally read the new issue and at the back there lists all the covers. has anyone seen the JETPACK exclusive? the pic is just betty from the old series but with no writing. is that the cover or a stock pic?

I believe that is the cover. I'll put up a scan when it gets here, btw you can grab them at - http://www.jetpackcomics.com/jetpackvariants.html

i finally read the new issue and at the back there lists all the covers. has anyone seen the JETPACK exclusive? the pic is just betty from the old series but with no writing. is that the cover or a stock pic?

I believe that is the cover. I'll put up a scan when it gets here, btw you can grab them at - http://www.jetpackcomics.com/jetpackvariants.html

That Atomic Robo book in your link looks interesting. hm

and, Dejah Thoris ain't totally nekkid. :shy:

i went to school with Jen, i wonder what she is doing these days? her last facebook update was kinda cryptic, something about sexting.

Can you guys imagine what a sketch of Jen done by Dave would have looked like? :cloud9: :lol:

i went to school with Jen, i wonder what she is doing these days? her last facebook update was kinda cryptic, something about sexting.

Can you guys imagine what a sketch of Jen done by Dave would have looked like? :cloud9: :lol:

Is she the Comicvine news girl?

Grades are in folks!

The most disappointing one for me has to be the Crossfire #12 at 9.2 followed closely by a couple of 9.4's with a Jonny Quest #5 and DNAgents #24. My Vanguard Illustrated #2 came out at 9.6 which I can definitely live with but my 9.8 I got out of the lot was Alien Worlds # 4! Sweet!

I wouldn't imagine there would be much interest in any of the lower grades so I'll hold on to them for now, especially the DNAgents 24 and Crossfire #12 until I can find higher grade copies. I plan on subbing my 3-D zone 16 at Heroes next week, might find a couple of other things there to sub as well.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the entire lot, I sent 15 books in (1 book I apparently should have looked at more closely, but the other 14 all 9.2 or better).

Really proud my Incredible Hulk 340 came back 9.6! Whoo hoo!

Grades are in folks!

The most disappointing one for me has to be the Crossfire #12 at 9.2 followed closely by a couple of 9.4's with a Jonny Quest #5 and DNAgents #24. My Vanguard Illustrated #2 came out at 9.6 which I can definitely live with but my 9.8 I got out of the lot was Alien Worlds # 4! Sweet!

I wouldn't imagine there would be much interest in any of the lower grades so I'll hold on to them for now, especially the DNAgents 24 and Crossfire #12 until I can find higher grade copies. I plan on subbing my 3-D zone 16 at Heroes next week, might find a couple of other things there to sub as well.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the entire lot, I sent 15 books in (1 book I apparently should have looked at more closely, but the other 14 all 9.2 or better).

Really proud my Incredible Hulk 340 came back 9.6! Whoo hoo!

:applause:

Alien Words #4 is one of my favorite DS covers...love the Frazetta feel to it. Great books!