• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Wewt!! Just got some grades back!!!!

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Cover A 9.9

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Stevens Variant (1 in 5) 9.9

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Retailer Incentive (1 in 10) 9.9

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Black & White Incenitve (1 in 25) 9.9

Edited by sl4ppy

Wewt!! Just got some grades back!!!!

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Cover A 9.9

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Stevens Variant (1 in 5) 9.9

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Retailer Incentive (1 in 10) 9.9

Rocketeer Adventures 2 Black & White Incenitve (1 in 25) 9.9

Nicely done! :applause:

so what are the most valuable stevens books these days? I bought all these books at least 10 years ago and have multiples of some. Its cool seeing interest picking up on books I liked and specifically sought out

I don't know, I like these books. There are a lot of books people overpay for, at least this is a good one and pretty HTF.

Makes me wonder what I was thinking selling my 9.8 doh! wish I hadn't been broke at the time. At least I did get a replacement (not as nice). You guys have me curious as to what my other books grade at though.

What are some of the other stevens books that do decent? I always liked Planet #1 although they were worthless when I was buying them

anybody notice any interest in the other non-stevens 3d zones? there are lots of great books in that title beyond just the #16. I always enjoyed #2 (wolverton) and many others

What are some of the other stevens books that do decent? I always liked Planet #1 although they were worthless when I was buying them

It seems to depend on the individual. But the major list seems to be:

- Airboy 5

- Starslayer 2 (not mentioned much, yet a boardie pays $217 for a 9.9)

- Planet Comics 1

- Cheval Noir 1

- 3-D Zone 16

- Crossfire 12

- DNAgents 24

- Vanguard Illustrated 2 (but not as much demand as last year)

- Bettie Page (name your issue)

- True Love 1

And the list goes on...

hmmm

no love for

world of wood

jungle

3d seduction?

I guess those are easier books, but great covers.

at the same time I'm impressed that true love is on there, people must be figuring out what the tougher books are

having done a halfass check I look to have about five vanguards, four crossfires, three starslayers and at least a couple planets. (thumbs u one each of the rest except airboy 5 which aren't handy but I must have at least two or three

having done a halfass check I look to have about five vanguards, four crossfires, three starslayers and at least a couple planets. (thumbs u one each of the rest except airboy 5 which aren't handy but I must have at least two or three

You're starting to sound like the neighborhood kid with the only pool, and everyone wants to be his friend.

:baiting:

Extras on the Planet Comics 1?

;)

I LOVE 80s INDEPENDENTS!!! Always have, but I'd forgotten how much. I got to see my comics today for the first time in a while and had a lot of fun going thru and remembering how much great stuff was put out, especially by Eclipse and PC. There are a huge number of basically undiscovered gems that those companies put out. Great material.

As I was looking through, I pulled the stevens books I could find. I'm sure I missed a few.

DSCN5449.JPG

DSCN5450.JPG

DSCN5451.JPG

DSCN5452.JPG

DSCN5453.JPG

You're starting to sound like the neighborhood kid with the only pool, and everyone wants to be his friend.

:baiting:

Extras on the Planet Comics 1?

;)

Bad news is I could only find two copies.

Good news is they both look to be 9.8 candidates (well without taking the time to really search for flaws anyways).

DSCN5454.JPG

yeah, i was kinda knocked over too lol/ I priced it high so i could keep it for a while. (it's currently on the wall in my comic room.) So.......i think it lasted around 2 months at that price. Luckily i got another one recently. It's not as nice, but i can put it right back on the wall :)

Interesting time to bring up pricey Stevens books, as this just knocked me over.

3-D Zone #16 Space Vixens Rare

Seriously - $70 for this book? I can't believe someone paid that much.

doh!

Board member Elijah Snow must be shaking his head even since this is his Ebay account.

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

ehhh, it is no big deal but it is kind of fun seeing interest in books that I love myself

at the very least hopefully they are my application for membership to this thread

So when should we look for a sales thread for all those beauties on the boards? :)

I need to upgrade my DNAgents JQ and could use some upgrades on a few I haven't graded as well is all I'm saying.... :whistle: