• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Wait. You were serious about that?

joe-pesci-my-cousin-vinny-movie-photo-GC.jpg

:baiting:

Hell yes! I need the points! lol

I have a sneaking suspicion that "I already have the books and need the points" will be the true driver to the poll results and not the fact that they should actually be in the set...

You can suspect what you want, but I voted with the majority for two reasons - the one you stated above AND because they are in fact Dave Stevens cover books.

Just a few thoughts on the poll results...

I think it is important to support the continuance of Dave's legacy... these new covers, regardless of whether or not they have been used before, repurposed from interiors, or were previously unpublished images, all help to keep Dave in the eyes of the reading public. Which is a good thing. I would prefer that he not be forgotten, or ignored... That is why I voted to keep them in the registry, and will vote for adding any additional Dave covers that come out, from any company.

Somebody needs to get that Catwoman cover published. Wasn't it just a cover quality commission?

+1000

That and the Detective Comics cover and the Space Vixens cover that was in the coloring contest. Those pieces of art should be covers...

Does anybody know the status of getting the books added back into the registry set? Has Gemma been contacted yet? (shrug)

So has anybody contacted Gemma about the vote? (shrug)

I posted our request in my registry thread and sent her a PM.

Am I being a pest yet? :shy:

In all seriousness I think AFTER the registry awards on June 14th we should have a serious discussion on points distribution for the books. I say after because it would be unfair to anyone doing any last minute shopping or that sent books off to be graded based on the prior values.

In all seriousness I think AFTER the registry awards on June 14th we should have a serious discussion on points distribution for the books. I say after because it would be unfair to anyone doing any last minute shopping or that sent books off to be graded based on the prior values.

I agree. There are some books only worth minimal points that are very hard to get in 9.8

Jonny Quest #5 for one.

I agree. There are some books only worth minimal points that are very hard to get in 9.8

Jonny Quest #5 for one.

Joe Koch is loaded with Jonny Quest #5s. But you have to catch him on a good day to ask if he will dig you out a solid example. Unfortunately, I called him on a bad day when he sent me three in one batch.

:(