• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,946 posts in this topic

i like it too. i got my jetpack exclusive in today, beautiful copy, was worried seeing as ive never bought from them..but luckily, a beauty

Any chance a scan? Would like to see what the cover looks like and if it has a logo etc. The pic on the website is just the image...any help appreciated!

JJ

here ya go. The pic on the website is accurate as there is no logo. It's very hard to tell in the scan, but Betty (and only Betty) is glossy. The rest of the cover is matte. I picked up 5 and they are in stunningly nice shape. If I've every held a 9.9 or a 10, it's one of these books.

jerpack001.jpgjerpack002.jpg

I tried to capture the gloss.. You can see on her left knee where the reflection of the ceiling fan light breaks where the gloss is on her leg, but isn't on the cloth...

jerpack003.jpg

edit: I might have gone a little overboard on Rocketeer. I don't buy many moderns (just this and Moon Knight, really), but in addition to having this issue and the standard variants on BeachBum's 9.8+ service, I picked up all this too. :o

rock.jpg

Edited by sl4ppy

here ya go. The pic on the website is accurate as there is no logo. It's very hard to tell in the scan, but Betty (and only Betty) is glossy. The rest of the cover is matte. I picked up 5 and they are in stunningly nice shape. If I've every held a 9.9 or a 10, it's one of these books.

jerpack001.jpgjerpack002.jpg

I tried to capture the gloss.. You can see on her left knee where the reflection of the ceiling fan light breaks where the gloss is on her leg, but isn't on the cloth...

jerpack003.jpg

edit: I might have gone a little overboard on Rocketeer. I don't buy many moderns (just this and Moon Knight, really), but in addition to having this issue and the standard variants on BeachBum's 9.8+ service, I picked up all this too. :o

rock.jpg

That is the single best image in comics.Ever!

Going overboard on Rocketeer? Nonsense

I believe Mr. Caira owns that original artwork, but I may be wrong.

I need to pick that one up.

Actually, Mr. Caira owns one of the sexiest comic pages ever printed. :cloud9: You can find it at the Comic Art Fans website.

Dave never parted with the OA to that image. It resides with his family now.

I have another interior page though...it's still pretty good I think.

stevens_rocketeerv2c1p21.jpg

stevens_rocketeerv2c1p21.jpg

I think that's the understatement of the century. Wow.

I disagree. I think it's a very ugly page, and you should be embarrased to own it! However, if you're interested in giving it away or selling it for cheap, I have a friend who might be interested. Please PM me for more details. hm

get in line Matt! :) I've been pumping his tires about that piece for years.
:sick:

not that kind of line and not that kind of pumping lol I just like that piece a lot (who doesn't?)

get in line Matt! :) I've been pumping his tires about that piece for years.
:sick:

not that kind of line and not that kind of pumping lol I just like that piece a lot (who doesn't?)

Awww man..... :sorry: