• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"A Heroes Con Report" OR "Look at what I touched today..."

50 posts in this topic

100_4141.jpg

As you can probably see, G.A.tor was at the show today. I only met him today but he greeted me like we were life-long buddies. I even got a picture with his Action 1...the first I've ever seen in person. He also had a Cap 1, Batman 1, Superman 1, and a Marvel Comics 1 among a TON of others. It's a little overwhelming to see altogether. GREAT experience.

The show was pretty nice...not nearly as busy as some shows I've been to but definitely not empty either. I'm told tomorrow will be pretty packed. Many creators were very accessible. My girlfriend and I spent about 3 hours in Humberto Ramos' sketch line getting stuff for some board members. Tim Sale was delayed in France and was only able to make the last hour or so of the show. He should be there the rest of the weekend. The only no-shows I'm aware of were Herb Trimpe and Joe Jusko...both of which are expected to be at the show tomorrow, so it's a very good showing!

My last few shows I've been hobbling on crutches or rolling on a little scooter due to a broken ankle, so it's nice to be walking at a show again, although the concrete floor isn't very friendly after a few hours. However, the A/C is running full blast, which is great since it's a little over 90 degrees in the area this weekend.

I met up with several Board Members today including

jeBailey

Doc Watson

G.A.tor

JoeyPost

Comix4Fun

Green

Rich Henn

And several others. We skipped the forum dinner to get some rest in our hotel room. It was a long day and we're going to get ready for tomorrow. I'll do a better report with more pictures later on. For now, I'm heading to bed. zzz

100_4141.jpg

As you can probably see, G.A.tor was at the show today. I only met him today but he greeted me like we were life-long buddies. I even got a picture with his Action 1...the first I've ever seen in person. He also had a Cap 1, Batman 1, Superman 1, and a Marvel Comics 1 among a TON of others. It's a little overwhelming to see altogether. GREAT experience.

The show was pretty nice...not nearly as busy as some shows I've been to but definitely not empty either. I'm told tomorrow will be pretty packed. Many creators were very accessible. My girlfriend and I spent about 3 hours in Humberto Ramos' sketch line getting stuff for some board members. Tim Sale was delayed in France and was only able to make the last hour or so of the show. He should be there the rest of the weekend. The only no-shows I'm aware of were Herb Trimpe and Joe Jusko...both of which are expected to be at the show tomorrow, so it's a very good showing!

My last few shows I've been hobbling on crutches or rolling on a little scooter due to a broken ankle, so it's nice to be walking at a show again, although the concrete floor isn't very friendly after a few hours. However, the A/C is running full blast, which is great since it's a little over 90 degrees in the area this weekend.

I met up with several Board Members today including

jeBailey

Doc Watson

G.A.tor

JoeyPost

Comix4Fun

Green

Rich Henn

And several others. We skipped the forum dinner to get some rest in our hotel room. It was a long day and we're going to get ready for tomorrow. I'll do a better report with more pictures later on. For now, I'm heading to bed. zzz

sweet pic,

Gator is a class act and super friendly. Enjoy the rest

Hi Adam. Would it be possible to casually keep an eye out for any other blank covers besides the BOOM covers, Lilly, Pulido's Lady Death & Tucci's Hellion4Hire? You're welcome to text me the titles/publishers @ 443-553-1421. I can also receive pics. You can also tell the guy (Slammy) working the Tucci table selling original art. He's the 1 that picks my stuff for me.

I hope you have fun. I'd love to be there, but I'm living in my own little comic book world right now. Ha ha ha choke!

Heading out to the show now. It's over at 6, but the Art Auction goes from 8-10, so I may not get to a report tonight. I'll keep people posted as much as possible. :)

Heading out to the show now. It's over at 6, but the Art Auction goes from 8-10, so I may not get to a report tonight. I'll keep people posted as much as possible. :)

(thumbs u

good luck today!!

100_4141.jpg

I even got a picture with his Action 1...the first I've ever seen in person. He also had a Cap 1, Batman 1, Superman 1, and a Marvel Comics 1

:o

Oh geezus...

(worship)(worship)(worship)