• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my heroes report...w/ some pics.

9 posts in this topic

Heres my little wrap up...

My Fiance and I left Jackonville about 7 am got to Charlotte around noon. Parked our car and since we couldnt check in to the hotel yet went directly to the con.

One of my fav parts of this con is the moment you first see the floor from the upper level. I equate it to the moment you walk through a football stadium and the field just opens up...

DSC04133.jpg

DSC04134.jpg

this time i actually came with a list of stuff iw anted to see or buy. I mostly wanted to fill some runs of uncanny xmen i was missing and get some of the later number new mutant books i like.

I always walk around for a while scoping out the scene and seeing who i can run into...

Ran into lookwhoitis outside and nerfherder inside and talked briefly.

The one thing i did scope out was how outrageous prices on any rob liefield books were. ONe dealer had a X Force 1 at 30 buck with a big sign that read "GET IT SIGNED!" very lame...

took a couple of pics from around the floor as well..

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04140.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

Went and checked into the hotel, 22nd floor with a great city view on two walls.

DSC04145.jpg

DSC04144.jpg

Went back to the con after lunch at Fuel Pizza (which is delicious) and finally started buying. Found a bunch of the Xmens i was needing and picked up a copy of New Mutants 87 from Nerf.

Made our way to the art auction after a few beers in the room and hooked up with nerfherder and drank a beer. Always fun to see the stuff they have up after you watched it being made during the con.

Stayed at the auction for a few and then had dinner. Later on hooked up with nerf again and lookwhoitis for some late night beers and comic chat. Saw some of wallys books he picked up and was pretty impressed. Hes got me talked in to giving Dc`s a chance.

Hit the bed after that.

Over all a realy fun time. Always glad to go to heroes con with my lady as well because she makes it that much more fun for me. I really got rejuevenated about comics after this show and talking with the people i did.

woke up today and hit the road home.....

DSC04132.jpg

i also forget to add my fiance picked up her first comic related book at this con as well. The dark phoenix saga trade....She said it just stuck out to her....:)

:applause:

That should be good to her if he knows the foundation story of the characters

and how they relate to her and each other.

i explained to her the story after we watched xmen2 together and how jean grey came back as the phoenix so i think thats why it stuck out to her...She has a sudden fascination with the Scarlet Witch as well....

All characters you would never wanna marry! she might be tellin me something haha,...

i explained to her the story after we watched xmen2 together and how jean grey came back as the phoenix so i think thats why it stuck out to her...She has a sudden fascination with the Scarlet Witch as well....

All characters you would never wanna marry! she might be tellin me something haha,...

If you get her mad and she turns into a flaming bird...

RUN!

;)