• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1 Incomplete copy for sale

18 posts in this topic

Hey gang. Got a nice, supple authentic Superman #1 interior for sale. Book is missing the cover, the first 4 wraps and the centerfold. Otherwise it is complete and unrestored comprised of 11 interior wraps. Very nice, supple page quality. The book has a "fake" repro cover. I was going to get a nice repro cover and possibly wraps made but am offering it here before I look for any more pieces to put the book together. I may have access to a centerfold if someone is also interested in that route. I noticed that a coverless CGC 0.5 sold for between $6000 and $5400 (two sales) in 2008. Since the recent sales of Action #1 and Detective #27 in excess of $1MIL it's generally agreed on that the highest graded copy of Superman #1 (the Edgar Church CGC 8.0) is a $1MIL book. I'm asking $5500 for this incomplete copy.

Will post pictures in a few.

Thanks for looking!

Here are pics. Pages are off white or slightly cream to off white but everyone who handled the book noted on how supple they were. No brittleness. There is a small piece missing from the margin of the last wrap/page.

th_Superman1-1.jpg

th_Superman1-8.jpg th_Superman1-7.jpg th_Superman1-6.jpg th_Superman1-4.jpg

Not trying to promote the book for you but, I really think someone should pick this up.

Considering that the first wrap of Action Comics #1 sold for over 3k two years ago, I feel that it is safe to assume that 11 wraps of Superman #1 should be well worth the $5,500 that you're asking.

It's a book on the rise and I would expect to see a trickle effect (similar to what we've seen with unrestored Action #1's) when or if the Mile High copy of Superman #1 is offered for sale.

Of course I'm a bit biased because I own a singe loose page of Superman #1 myself; but even with my blatant bias aside, I know that I'd pick this up for $5,500 in a heart-beat if I had the funds available.

How much for a panel? :lol:

Good luck with the sale!

Very funny. (tsk)

Wasn't there a board member that bought a panel from eBay a few years ago?

I know the first wrap to Action #1 sold for about $4K two years ago and the subsequent wraps sold for about $1K or $1.5K each.

Maybe I'll just auction off panels...

lol

If it doesn't sell here I'll probably move this to eBay or certify it in Philly next weekend and then auction it off.

How much for a panel? :lol:

Good luck with the sale!

Very funny. (tsk)

Wasn't there a board member that bought a panel from eBay a few years ago?

I know the first wrap to Action #1 sold for about $4K two years ago and the subsequent wraps sold for about $1K or $1.5K each.

Maybe I'll just auction off panels...

lol

If it doesn't sell here I'll probably move this to eBay or certify it in Philly next weekend and then auction it off.

You're thinking of me Roy.

I paid the owner of a loose page to cut out a single panel because it was all I could afford at the time; then sold the panel and saved up to buy the remainder of the page...

Supes.jpg

Ironic I know; but an awfully sweet piece of history to own never the less. :banana:

I still nurse daydreams of some day owning a POS .5 / NG Batman #1... but this book is officially out of my reckoning. Of course, so isn't Batman 1 but I haven't come to terms with this truth yet.

I still nurse daydreams of some day owning a POS .5 / NG Batman #1... but this book is officially out of my reckoning. Of course, so isn't Batman 1 but I haven't come to terms with this truth yet.

Nursing daydreams. :cloud9:

By the way, Mac Man, nice going on the published article! :headbang:

I don't have enough to purchase the book (although I really wish I did); but do you think you might be able to share a scan of the book now slabbed so those like myself could live vicariously through you?

I'm on the road but can do it when I get home.

I'm also happy to entertain offers.

(thumbs u

R.