• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #251 or `Tec #395 ?

30 posts in this topic

I'd also be hesitant to say 251 as the hands down best BA Bats especially when you consider 227. What isn't really up for debate though is that ANY BA Batman book that is a contender for consideration simply MUST be an Adams' cover. He IS Bronze Age Batman!

(And I'd pick the 251 as it is probably one of the top three I'd consider--227 being the only other one to give it a run for its money and 232 being a close 3rd place)

The reason why I say hands down is because he said choose between 251 and Tec 395. 227, to me, is still not a top tier choice. Yes, it is a super sweet cover, but that is all it has going for it. The story is pedestrian. My top Bronze choice would be Bats 232 because Ra's al-Ghul is the sweetest DC villain evah!

WELL, in that case... 251 Hand Down! :sumo:

:grin:

For all of the flack 227 gets, I still seem to remember really enjoying the accompanying story. hm Been a while though since I read it last.

May I adjust your "sweetest" villain to "smartest," and I mean that in the sense that his overall make up is just smart--really well done. I dunno. There is both a sense of realism to him that I think others lack, but also possessing that supernatural quality with the Lazarus pits that really lends itself to the Gothic tradition.

2c

Is there a grade bump with a sig?

If you are asking if there is an automatic bump, absolutely not. The book is re-graded when it is submitted for SS. So it gets whatever grade the graders give it, as though it had never been graded before. That being said, many times the grades do change, for better or for worse.

If you are asking if there is an automatic bump, absolutely not. The book is re-graded when it is submitted for SS. So it gets whatever grade the graders give it, as though it had never been graded before. That being said, many times the grades do change, for better or for worse.

Okay, having said that, has anyone ever lost points due to a bad sig?

Okay, having said that, has anyone ever lost points due to a bad sig?

I believe that I have gotten a couple of grade drops because the creators demanded to use ball point pen instead of sharpie, but I couldn't swear to it. It almost certainly has happened.