• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales/Dr. Strange sale

45 posts in this topic

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Strange Tales #111 7.5/8.0 (Second Dr. Strange. Gorgeous copy with some chipping along the right edge FC.) $200

Strange Tales #127 7.0/7.5 (Quarter inch tear, top edge BC.) $43

Page 2:

Strange Tales #145 cgc 9.0 ow/w Bowling Green pedigree $55

Strange Tales #147 cgc 9.2 ow/w Bowling Green pedigree $90

Strange Tales #158 cgc 9.4 white $165

Page 3:

Strange Tales #163 7.5/8.0 (Production creases LRC and bottom of FC and light crease from wear URC. Rich colors.) $20

Doctor Strange #172 8.5 $20

Doctor Strange #177 7.5/8.0 $15

Doctor Strange #178 8.5 $23

Marvel Tales #3 6.5 (Reprints Strange Tales #101 Torch/Thing story, along with some other early SA Superheroes.) $10 **SOLD**

Doctor Strange #2 cgc 9.6 ow/w $85

Doctor Strange #13 cgc 9.4 ow/w $25

Doctor Strange #28 cgc 9.6 white (Manitoba copy. Brunner cover art.) $35

Doctor Strange #46 cgc 9.8 white (Manitoba copy. Frank Miller cover art.) $60

Doctor Strange #47 cgc 9.8 white (Manitoba copy.) $40

Marvel Tales #3

$10

Reprints Strange Tales #101 Torch/Thing story, along with some other early SA Superheroes.

:takeit:

Added to your pile from the weekend, Chris. (thumbs u

Manitoba is a collection and not a pedigree, I presume?

From Doug Sulipa's website:

The Manitoba comic collection; (a Pedigree Quality collection)

This collection was assembled by Collector & friend, George Badali. The collection contains over 50,000 comics, but the most Notable are the Comics he bought NEW from 1976 thru about 1984. The Comics from the 1976-1984 period, were purchased on day of release, and immediately Stored UN-READ for 20-30 Years. Most are NOTABLE for their amazing FULL Original Cover Gloss & Colors, WHITE pages & near perfect spines & 4 corners; He bought virtually everything published in this period, many in multiples of 2-5 or more copies of each, especially issue #1's; All were hand selected out of the BEST available copies, on the first day of release. It was normal practice for George to spend 6 to 10 hours each & every New Release Comic Day, scrutinizing every copy in stock. He normally had about 50-100 copies of each Marvel Super-Hero Comic to choose from. He normally had about 20-50 copies of each DC Super-Hero Comic to choose from. He normally had about 10-20 copies of each MISC Non-Superhero, or Non Marvel/DC Comic to choose from. He was our single best New Comics customer, for this entire period. The comics were checked inside & outside, front cover & Back cover, spine & all corners, inside spine & at centerfold, then flipping thru all pages. He disliked Factory Flaws & tried his best to avoid them, whenever possible. One of the main reasons some do not grade higher, is if he had to choose between a Factory Flaw vs a hairline crease, he avoided the Factory Flaw. CGC allows factory flaws on very high grade copies, but punishes for tiny hairline creases.

Thank you. I am considering the three of your books. Just trying to come up with a good excuse for the old lady.

Already used the Birthday one. Already used the Christmas one. Already used the "it's an investment for you dear" one.

Thinking about using the "woman, it's my money and I'll do what I want with it", one. :)

Thank you. I am considering the three of your books. Just trying to come up with a good excuse for the old lady.

Already used the Birthday one. Already used the Christmas one. Already used the "it's an investment for you dear" one.

Thinking about using the "women, it's my money and I'll do what I want with it", one. :)

:popcorn:

Manitoba is a collection and not a pedigree, I presume?

From Doug Sulipa's website:

The Manitoba comic collection; (a Pedigree Quality collection)

This collection was assembled by Collector & friend, George Badali. The collection contains over 50,000 comics, but the most Notable are the Comics he bought NEW from 1976 thru about 1984. The Comics from the 1976-1984 period, were purchased on day of release, and immediately Stored UN-READ for 20-30 Years. Most are NOTABLE for their amazing FULL Original Cover Gloss & Colors, WHITE pages & near perfect spines & 4 corners; He bought virtually everything published in this period, many in multiples of 2-5 or more copies of each, especially issue #1's; All were hand selected out of the BEST available copies, on the first day of release. It was normal practice for George to spend 6 to 10 hours each & every New Release Comic Day, scrutinizing every copy in stock. He normally had about 50-100 copies of each Marvel Super-Hero Comic to choose from. He normally had about 20-50 copies of each DC Super-Hero Comic to choose from. He normally had about 10-20 copies of each MISC Non-Superhero, or Non Marvel/DC Comic to choose from. He was our single best New Comics customer, for this entire period. The comics were checked inside & outside, front cover & Back cover, spine & all corners, inside spine & at centerfold, then flipping thru all pages. He disliked Factory Flaws & tried his best to avoid them, whenever possible. One of the main reasons some do not grade higher, is if he had to choose between a Factory Flaw vs a hairline crease, he avoided the Factory Flaw. CGC allows factory flaws on very high grade copies, but punishes for tiny hairline creases.

hm This sounds like what I do with my modern collection. Maybe one day.. the Decepticon Collection :roflmao::ohnoez: