• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby/Stone JIM 106 Thor Splash For Sale!

11 posts in this topic

A couple of folks thought I should just out the price and save people the trouble of contacting me so it's asking price of 25k. Also, I can't take trade on this one, sorry, but thanks to those who were offering. I can do reasonable time payments; but so far I don't have anyone who has hit the magic number. If you like, get in contact now with your best offer as it will either sell this weekend or go off the market. Thanks to all who have and are emailing just wanted to clear it up a bit.

As someone who is very familiar with this market, I think Dan's asking price is VERY reasonable. I think it's a tremendous splash and one that any buyer would be happy with. Early JIM/Thor splashes this good and not inked by Colletta rarely hit the market. I have had several Kirby/Stone pieces and Stone's inking is fantastic on Kirby. Personally, I think the market is a little soft right now and were this 2008, I think this splash would have been snapped up instantly (and likely for a higher asking price).

No, Dan didn't ask me to write this - he's a good guy and he's offering a great piece at a fair price and I thought that that should be acknowledged.

Yep, Dan is one of the good guys!!

This is a beautiful piece, at a nice price!!! Chic was a great inker and really knew his way around a brush. Lots of fabulous brushwork on this page, just amazing!!!

I just love an inker who knows how to use a brush, instead of just technical pens and markers.

Great page, Dan.

As someone who is very familiar with this market, I think Dan's asking price is VERY reasonable. I think it's a tremendous splash and one that any buyer would be happy with. Early JIM/Thor splashes this good and not inked by Colletta rarely hit the market. I have had several Kirby/Stone pieces and Stone's inking is fantastic on Kirby. Personally, I think the market is a little soft right now and were this 2008, I think this splash would have been snapped up instantly (and likely for a higher asking price).

No, Dan didn't ask me to write this - he's a good guy and he's offering a great piece at a fair price and I thought that that should be acknowledged.

Glad I got one :) This is a super nice kirby/stone Thor. Anyone with the dough to spend should grab this.