• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just bid $300.00 for PPTSSM #11 35 cent V. and LOST!!!!!!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

do not worry - I've been tracking activity on the 35 centers and the recent spikes on the asm and pptssm variants - i just wish I held onto my higher grade copies 893frustrated.gif

more will turn up... patience...you are going up against some high bidding folks that I have not seen on these in a long time confused-smiley-013.gif you just spent about $600 ON 4 ASM vars in GD just last month.... I would see if Glenn or cosmic spidey has a dupe especially at that price you are throwing around 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Darth,

I will admit, I felt a little "OUT OF MY HEAD" 893whatthe.gif, bidding $300.00!! It was a spur of the unbelievable moment bidding frenzy. I'm back now, but have to tell you, after first bidding $240.00 and seeing "You have been outbid" come up, I lost it!!! I have traded the ASM's for the other PPTSSM variants. I only need the #11 to finish my collection!! I will be patient, not that I like it, but don't see any other alternative!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I'm going to go jog!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Right??? Higghawker

402442-Waaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg.e3353f44dbb1ad8b1aedcd39af4b6993.jpg

O.K. I'm desperate, I have come to realize that PPTSSM #11 will never be in my possession!! Does ANYBODY have an issue of this in any condition, O.K., maybe not any condition, but close???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Higghawker 893frustrated.gif

I frankly had no idea that these particular issues were that highly sought after. In my latest catch, I was lucky enough to pull in copies of the "elusive" ASM 171 and 172 , as well as dupes in 170 and 173.

I also managed to catch ahold of PPTSSM 8, 10 and 11 with 10 being a dupe. After I saw lighthouse bemoan the fate of selling me the Hulk 216 at a bargain basement $61, I had high hopes myself of buying the 7 and 9 that I needed. I had sniped bids of $175 or so on both and was stunned to see that I had lost those auctions, especially knowing cosmic had copies of both as was true of hulk 216. Yet these high dollar players are coming out of the woodwork with cash wads big enough to choke a friggen pack of Budweiser Clysdale horses.

Buena Vista made a comment about how he thought mainline titles would be the dollar leaders in the future. While I think a premium will always be paid for flat out scarce issues, I think this adds validity to his point, in that mainline issues have a bigger built in demand equation. So assuming supply is about equal in a lot of these titles, the price of these have to go at higher than average levels.

I have to say though that I am stunned.

I will trade any of my ASM copies 170 and 173 or PPSSM 10 for either the PPSSM 7 or 9.

I feel for you higg -- the popular titles on the 35 centers are bank breakers. It's interesting that these guys are new players -- at least I can't recall seeing their id's before. Looking at the prices the books went for, only the X-men and the Peter Parkers went for over a C-note (there might have been an Avengers thrown in there as well...) There are quite a few people that have a lot more money than I do to spend on comics.

Don't worry -- they'll come around again -- unless you want a western... No money in the world can seem to dig one up 893frustrated.gif

I feel like I have fallen into one of those helpless traps, where it is the only thing you need, and now everyone in their brother suddenly wants it? I e-mailed both of the winners of the latest PPSSM variant sales. BOTH were first time variant buyers. I think it is a craze for variants? It just so happens that these PPSSM's were the ones for slae at the moment? Best I can figure? I sure picked a bad time to try and finish my collection. The big problem is I'm not the patient type, and this is very testy for me!! Deep breaths, baby steps to the computer..................... Higghawker 893frustrated.gif