• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did any of you ever try to draw a comic when they were younger?

53 posts in this topic

Some other titles I made:

ForceFive1.jpg

TheDestroyers1.jpg

TheDefender1.jpg

The Defender actually has a date of 1980 on it, and was the last comic I completed. The cool thing about it is I did it all using ink, no pencil first with exception to the cover.

KCG = Karl's Comics Group for those who were wondering.

Enjoy guys!

ForceFive1.jpg

TheDestroyers1.jpg

TheDefender1.jpg

The Defender actually has a date of 1980 on it, and was the last comic I completed. The cool thing about it is I did it all using ink, no pencil first with exception to the cover.

Enjoy guys!

the dialogue is no worse than most 60's DCs

ForceFive1.jpg

TheDestroyers1.jpg

TheDefender1.jpg

Enjoy guys!

I wasn't much of a DC fan in those days, I was a Marvel dedicated fan but included some DC characters in my massive 400 page booklets due to the TV shows that were on, I loved the old cartoons.

ForceFive1.jpg

TheDestroyers1.jpg

TheDefender1.jpg

Enjoy guys!

I wasn't much of a DC fan in those days, I was a Marvel dedicated fan but included some DC characters in my massive 400 page booklets due to the TV shows that were on, I loved the old cartoons.

Thats cool. I should make a comic now. I mean, I don't have to be a kid do I ? And the artworks would probably be as good as it would have been back then lol

By the time I was 8, my Dad suggested I try to make my own characters up, so I did. Neron Man was born!

As a side note, he looks alot like Nova, but Neron Man was created when I was 8, in 1973 so he actually was before Nova go figure. I made Neron Man comics from when I was 8 until I was about 15-16 and that is when I stopped as I had other interests.

I started in color, but gave up on that because it just took way to long!

NeronMan1.jpg

NeronMan2.jpg

NeronMan3.jpg

NeronMan4.jpg

NeronMan5.jpg

some interior of Neron Man 5:

NeronMan5page4.jpg

NeronMan5page5.jpg

NeronMan5page6.jpg

NeronMan5page7.jpg

NeronMan5page8.jpg

NeronMan6.jpg

NeronMan7.jpg

NeronMan8.jpg

The villain in Neron Man 8 called The Mercenary is actually based on a Mego Doll I "made", which was the Green Goblin's body with Spiderman's Head ( didn't we all mix and match our Megos? :cloud9: )

NeronMan9.jpg

NeronMan10.jpg

These books were just 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper folded in half so they are smaller, and by issue 7 my Dad got me this cool stapler that was real long and adjustible so I could simply fold the pages and staple them in the center instead of cutting them like I used to. I know I took Neron Man to issue 14, but I can't find 11-14 or the annual I made where he fights 6 of his villains at the same time. Yeah I ripped off Marvel and called them the Sinister Six.

Great stuff here :applause:

I remember doing a whole series of 'Hitler Invades...' comics, where Hitler invades a country and then gets his nazi- kicked. 'Hitler Invades Canada', 'Hitler invades Mexico'.. etc.

I was probably 8 or 9. And obsessed with war comics. (nothing changes!)

My favorite was 'Hitler invades China'... there was a frame where a huge throng of Chinese civilians picked up Hitler's Tiger Tank, and threw it into the Yellow River... which just happened to be on fire.

Wish I still had them... they were AWESOME!!!!!

Shep