• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone familiar with Italian comics?

3 posts in this topic

Picked this up today for a couple of bucks. I figure its not bank buster, but can't find anything on the internet. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. (shrug)

Its small pocket sized and is black and white. Its a cool looking book.

001.jpg

Dinamite Kid was created in 1957 by italian artist Augusto Pedrazza (1923 - 2000) who started his career in 1943 with features such as Jean Bolide and La Dama di Picche. Then, in 1948, he hooked up with Marino Tomasina, an editor for italian weeklies. Together they created a lot of characters over the years: "Pierino" (1948), "Kid Meteora" (1949), Scugnizzo (1949), Piccolo Corsaro (1950), Akim (1950), Birba (1950), Il Principe Nero (1950), Lazo Jim (1951), Fulgor (1952), Virgola (1953), Tabor (1954), Tony Comet (1954), Dinamite Kid (1957), Guingla Bill (1958), etc...

Most notably, Pedrazza, in 1950, started to illustrate Roberto Renzi's Akim, il figlio della jungla (The Jungle's Son), an obvious Tarzan knock-off, who became quite popular.

As far as how long the weekly specific to Dinamite Kid lasted, sorry I haven't found that information yet.

Scrooge