• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylite2s?

8 posts in this topic

Why are there no Mylite2s for any oversized CGC slabs??? (Like my TMNT slabs or my Savage Sword of Conan and so forth)

Why have Gerber, Bill Cole or some smart entrepreneur not put one into the market? Are there not a boat load of people who own "oversized" slabs?

Would it not be a money maker? Am I missing something here?

Why are there no Mylite2s for any oversized CGC slabs??? (Like my TMNT slabs or my Savage Sword of Conan and so forth)

Why have Gerber, Bill Cole or some smart entrepreneur not put one into the market? Are there not a boat load of people who own "oversized" slabs?

Would it not be a money maker? Am I missing something here?

I would buy them. I asked Jeff (HOTFLIPS) and he said they are working on it.

We are working on it. I have gotten 10,000 of them and they are all bad. I think there is a picture of me trying one out in the Boston Comic con thread,

Ours are not mylar though.

Jeff

No, it would not be a money maker for Gerber or Cole to make that bag in Mylar.

The market for it is very small and the setup charges for Mylar special orders, are significant and require a large quantity at a stiff price. No one wants to sit on thousands of bags that may take years to unload.

Obviously, since the upfront costs of polypro bags are significantly less, the barrier to entry is much smaller. Once Jeff does get these made, the possibility that you will ever see them in Mylar is further diminished.

Again I feel the cost could have been lessened for these if they were made initially when other Mylites were designed/made for slabs.

I don't know if the demand is as small as you say it is. Maybe it is, all I know is I have about 50 slabs that I would love to be in Mylar vs. Poly. I hope Jeff can make these come into fruition, I will buy as many as he needs me to, to make it worth his while.