• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what's he actually selling?

19 posts in this topic

Just browsing through how much the dealers were trying to gouge us for the Batman #700 1:75 on eBay UK when I spotted this listing.

I'm not sure what he's actually trying to sell, but seeing as it comes with a 'comic book reader', I'm presuming it's some sort of PDF format or something? If so and he manages to dupe someone into his $1400 BIN...

Batman #1 - #700

Batman 1 - 700, presumably on a disc along with the Comic Book Reader software. Files are most likely in CBR format.

I love puffery like this...

... written by legendary Scottish comic book scribe Grant Morrison...

The stuff of legends, huh? lol What are the odds anyone outside of comic readers ever heard of the guy?

Just browsing through how much the dealers were trying to gouge us for the Batman #700 1:75 on eBay UK when I spotted this listing.

I'm not sure what he's actually trying to sell, but seeing as it comes with a 'comic book reader', I'm presuming it's some sort of PDF format or something? If so and he manages to dupe someone into his $1400 BIN...

Batman #1 - #700

I wonder what the difference between selling this for a profit is compared to htmlcomics where he let you read the Batman 1 to 700 for free?

Batman #1 - #700

I wonder what the difference between selling this for a profit is compared to htmlcomics where he let you read the Batman 1 to 700 for free?

None. They are both copyright violations.

Batman #1 - #700

so if you own batman issues 1 to 700, you could scan and burn them to a dvd but you couldn`t sell that dvd?

That's pretty much the same thing as burning your copy of the Dark Knight Returns DVD and selling multiple copies of it. Piracy is piracy.

Batman #1 - #700

so if you own batman issues 1 to 700, you could scan and burn them to a dvd but you couldn`t sell that dvd?

exactly. no selling or distributing (even giving away). you have wiggle room to make your own scans for "archival" or whatever purposes.

Then politely put your fist in his...

I really held my breath there...

eye socket. (thumbs u

...and exhale. :grin:

"Please note that detailed photos will not be uploaded due to the removal of a previous listing for copyright infringement, so any photos you'd like me to upload will be blurred, or the pictures will be a direct link to a front cover (fair use and everything...)"

Sounds reasonable.