• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penciled to Inked. Inked to Colored.

44 posts in this topic

Plus, it's a way to have more creators represented in your collection. I tried a Dexter Vines sketch. It didn't turn out quite as I was expecting. I would rather have him inking over someone else's pencils.

sketch covers fine, but if I catch you coloring original art pages, i'm coming down to hicksville to kick your butt.

Before:

BTdaken.jpg

After:

dakanBTRP.jpg

Billy Tan pencils. Richard Pace inks.

Cool...but I gotta ask, is that an actual character or a hybrid of two?

Cool...but I gotta ask, is that an actual character or a hybrid of two?

Depends on how you look at it. It's supposed to be Daken as Dark Wolverine and as himself. However, the left hand side has Wolverine claws. So, technically, it's half Wolverine and half Daken.

Before:

JBmysterio.jpg

After:

mysterioJBRRMB.jpg

Jon Buran sketch. Rodney Ramos inks. Moose Baumann colors.

This book is a perfect example of a sketch cover that was improved by inks and improved by colors. All three creators did good work on their own but the finished product is fantastic.

This book is a perfect example of a sketch cover that was improved by inks and improved by colors. All three creators did good work on their own but the finished product is fantastic.

Exactly, plus all that inking and coloring covered the defect and bumped it to a 9.8. :whee: