• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: MiracleMan 15

18 posts in this topic

I overpaid for this, but was tired of waiting for the "right" deal. The seller advertised it as VF-NM, but said he wasn't an expert. The back is flawless, the book feels newsstand fresh and the colors are perfect. Snow white pages. This one was really taken care of. The only flaw evident in the scan is a slightly softened bottom left corner. In hand it has two very minor non color breaking spine dings just above KMM's forehead. No staple stress at all. Please let me know what you think.

mm15.jpg

Looks like a 9.2.

You didn't overpay, btw - I just sold a worse copy than this on ebay for $110 :thumbsup:

For raw copies of MM #15 the price has stayed relatively firm over the years - it's one of those books that people want to read, which is why you'll often see raw copies sell for more than their CGC 9.2 & 9.4 counterparts.

Looks like a 9.2.

You didn't overpay, btw - I just sold a worse copy than this on ebay for $110 :thumbsup:

For raw copies of MM #15 the price has stayed relatively firm over the years - it's one of those books that people want to read, which is why you'll often see raw copies sell for more than their CGC 9.2 & 9.4 counterparts.

Good to know! Thanks.

Nice book - I think you should slab it, you might be surprised. ;)

It's impossible to accurately grade a book without the back cover, and difficult enough to grade it from scans. If it looks nice in hand, it may just make the grade. I am surprised at the advice above.

Nice book - I think you should slab it, you might be surprised. ;)

It's impossible to accurately grade a book without the back cover, and difficult enough to grade it from scans. If it looks nice in hand, it may just make the grade. I am surprised at the advice above.

Last CGC 9.4 copy of this book sold for $113 - raw copies routinely sell for $100 on ebay :shrug:

mm15.jpg

Q: is the light ink transfer next to the "MM" on the FC a common printing defect for this issue? hm

I've seen a bunch of MM #15's and I've only seen this type of PD once before.

Q: is the light ink transfer next to the "MM" on the FC a common printing defect for this issue? hm

I am sure this has been discussed ad infinitum, but PD's : Does it / Should it affect the grade? My understanding is that CGC doesn't take off for most of them. My lcs definitely does, however. Your thoughts?

I am sure this has been discussed ad infinitum, but PD's : Does it / Should it affect the grade? My understanding is that CGC doesn't take off for most of them. My lcs definitely does, however. Your thoughts?

CGC doesn't take off for production defects - if it is, in fact, a production defect commonly associated with a specific book. This isn't, though - it's just ink transfer from another book, and would be treated as any other defect by CGC.

I overpaid for this, but was tired of waiting for the "right" deal. The seller advertised it as VF-NM, but said he wasn't an expert. The back is flawless, the book feels newsstand fresh and the colors are perfect. Snow white pages. This one was really taken care of. The only flaw evident in the scan is a slightly softened bottom left corner. In hand it has two very minor non color breaking spine dings just above KMM's forehead. No staple stress at all. Please let me know what you think.

If the book is as nice as you say, and the "ink smear" is really a smear, and not transfer (which could be taken off, if done properly), then it's probably a 9.6, with an outside chance at a 9.8.

But only if the book is as nice as you state. The corner will be the deciding factor.

If the book is as nice as you say, and the "ink smear" is really a smear, and not transfer (which could be taken off, if done properly), then it's probably a 9.6, with an outside chance at a 9.8.

But only if the book is as nice as you state. The corner will be the deciding factor.

This is why I would be tempted to send it in, based on how it looks to you in hand, not what we say here. :grin:

CGC doesn't take off for production defects - if it is, in fact, a production defect commonly associated with a specific book. This isn't, though - it's just ink transfer from another book, and would be treated as any other defect by CGC.

On closer inspection, I'm leaning toward "smear" vs. transfer. I misspoke when I originally pointed it out. Take a look at the smear along the horizontal black border line . . .