• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should the Probation List be stickied to the top of each selling area?

Should the board probation list be stickied to the top of each board sales area?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Should the board probation list be stickied to the top of each board sales area?

28 posts in this topic

Many people have brought this idea up and I think it's a great idea. So how many of you would like to see the Probation List stickied to the top of each sales area (Gold/Silver/Bronze Age, Modern Age and Mixed Age) so we all have quick reference to who is on the board probation list?

Poll will end 2 weeks from today (June 29th).

Nice one for taking the incentive Mike. And yes it should.

Thanks Gav. Maybe once the poll is completed in a couple of weeks, that will sway Arch to implement it in the sales threads. (thumbs u

I'm going with No.

its not like its hard to find, and even if u don't know of its existence I'd assume u would at least ask around b4 buying or selling to someone u don't know.

not to mention if a probie members name is mentioned in a FS thread, it takes all of 3 seconds for some one to out them.

not a big deal either way though

Just a quick question for the 'noes'. I understand that you know where the Probation List is, but some people honestly may not. It's impossible to say they will, and it's flippant to say they should. Noobs don't know the workings of this place, it certainly took me a while, but if the list was stickied at the top of ech subsection it would be a bit more 'in your face' than where it is now, and may attract more views than it does at the moment.

So, why vote no? Would it impede your buying/selling experience in those forums? I can't see how it would and quite honestly don't understand the reluctance to put it there. The sales area is, after all, policed by ourselves, and to educate people who don't even know about the list can only be a good thing yes?

Just a quick question for the 'noes'. I understand that you know where the Probation List is, but some people honestly may not. It's impossible to say they will, and it's flippant to say they should. Noobs don't know the workings of this place, it certainly took me a while, but if the list was stickied at the top of ech subsection it would be a bit more 'in your face' than where it is now, and may attract more views than it does at the moment.

So, why vote no? Would it impede your buying/selling experience in those forums? I can't see how it would and quite honestly don't understand the reluctance to put it there. The sales area is, after all, policed by ourselves, and to educate people who don't even know about the list can only be a good thing yes?

I really don't believe my vote was a no. Just a suggestion to also post it in a spot that everyone should go to prior to selling/buying. That way no one has to jump on the noobs when they don't post sales properly.

I really don't believe my vote was a no. Just a suggestion to also post it in a spot that everyone should go to prior to selling/buying. That way no one has to jump on the noobs when they don't post sales properly.

It wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the two 'no' votes :makepoint:

I voted no, and while it wouldn't be a big deal either way I just think the list is easy enought to find as it is.

all someone has to do is look.

maybe just link it with the rules?

I also think if were gonnaa link the probie list at the top of each sales forum, we would have to link the kudos thread and discussion threads as well

and Imo thats just un-nessasary

It wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the two 'no' votes :makepoint:

:foryou: