• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last days to Bid in Heritage's December Auction!

28 posts in this topic

Just a reminder that on-line bidding closes tonight (Thursday, December 5) at midnight CST for the first session of Heritage Comics current auction, featuring a nice collection of Timelys and other Golden Age books (including the Kansas City copy of CAPTAIN AMERICA #1, CGC VF/NM 9.0, cream to off-white pages).

On-line bidding will close tomorrow night (Friday, December 6) at midnight CST for the final two sessions of the auction, which feature the current Stan Lee File Copy offerings, the finest collection of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN comics the world has ever seen (nearly complete from #1, CGC NM+ 9.6, off-white pages -122, including AMAZING FANTASY #15, CGC NM 9.4, off-white pages), enough Golden Age DC comics to make your eyes water, Nic Cage's personal copies of Siegel and Schuster's fanzines that introduced the world to "The Reign of the Superman", a vault-load of gorgeous ECs, original art by Winsor McCay, Walt Kelly, Chester Gould, Carl barks, Frank Frazetta, Wally Wood, Robert Crumb, Virgil Finlay, Al Feldstein, Russ Heath, Jack Kirby, Todd McFarlane, and many, many more, and a stunning collection of vintage movie posters.

To participate, simply go to www.HeritageComics.com, where you can view all the lots and see the current high bids. Registration is easy and free, and you'll be able to bid on all the lots you want.

Good luck and happy bidding !

Best regards,

John E. Petty

===

John E. Petty

Director of Auctions

Heritage Comics

www.HeritageComics.com

100 Highland Park Village

Second Floor

Dallas, Texas 75205

Phone 214-528-3500/800-872-6467

Direct phone 214-252-4392

mailto:JPetty@HeritageComics.com

===

I must be finding the right price..either that or there's just sooooo many damned ASM books on this auction that they couldn't get to them all yet tongue.gif

Sigh..here's guessing it's probably the latter..gorgeous collection btw.

Brian

John, with all due respect I don't understand why you would advertise in this forum considering the majority of opinions in the "Is Heritage Bidding against it's own bidders?" thread. Perhaps your hoping that collectors with more cash than brains will fall into the multiples of guide bidding game, and get caught up in the "got to have it now" frame of mind. You know, if you were to change the Heritage bidding policy a little, to make the bidding ground even, I might even bid on smaller purchases. However, as current policy stands, I have no desire to even ATTEMPT to win a book from Heritage, because the chances of getting a deal are VERY slim indeed. IF you want to sell books then take a hint from Metropolis, do it the old fashioned way. IMO, if policy does NOT change, then Heritage will be nothing more than a short-lived fad, which IMO would be sad. -MOS

P.S. - I really enjoy the huge scans of books I could never afford, you have the best scans I've seen anywhere on the internet, and I've heard that your catalog is a treat too.

Actually, although they do this bumping stuff..there's still deals. Especially in those monthly auctions. I picked up a few 9.4 ASM's pre-100 for 150 each w/ BP and a Cap 116 for 110 w/ BP in this past auction. And this collection they have up now is just too nice for me to pass up frown.gif

Brian

i must say brian, if you have the spare cash, there are some truly AMAZING spider-man's in the auction. unfortunatly, at this time of the year, i don't have the spare cash to go for any of the books that normally i would be seriously interested in frown.gif

so thats one less bidder you have to worry about grin.giftongue.gif

are you after any of the pedigree stuff?

some of the northland issues in particular look real nice grin.gif

if you don't want to spill the beans to the vultures around here on what you are bidding on you can PM me laugh.giftongue.gif

What are you talking about spare cash there JP Getty? Not many books at Heritage are what anyone would define as spare cash without a 6 figure income - unless you are talking about Bronze or modern books. But why bother buying all that junk when the prices are bound to be much cheaper next year as you know the inevitable/impending doom of the cgc hype market is here. This "auction" still has several hours to go - so whether there are any "spare change" bargains remains to be seen because old big time pros like you know the real bidding has not even begun.

some of us around here like to talk comics in a civilised fashion, if you can't post without attacking someone then please don't post at all. frown.gif

not everyone's life revolves around 'mine is bigger than yours'.

your persistant trolling is really rather dull.

No - I think I raised a pretty good point about your smug , snotty comments. If you have a problem either answer the question or ignore it. At what point does the purchase of let's say a $1000 comic book become spare cash? Is it at that point where you have been working for a large company for long enough to bring home $10k per month, you run your own profitable business, you jus like runing up your credit cards, you are buying to resell, or mommy and daddy are paying? But don't be a cry baby please. I think i posted on this thread first but thanks for your insightful comments as usual. Which spare change deals are you and the king of south dakota referring to? I am just curious. That's what this thread is about you know - the Heritage auction tonight. since you and murph got into a personal discussion and what was what, i thought i would add my vast knowledge to the discussion for the benefit of all. You know -maybe a few others will be enlightened enough to head on over to heritage and get some of those good deals too.

Honestly, who is bidding and buying all those comics listed at Heritage? Everything seemed to be at guide or higher, even books with little demand like old humor comics, romance comics, etc. Stuff was selling for $500, $800, $1200, etc. ????

Another perspective is that many of these books will not resurface in this condition for quite sometime as they become buried in personal collections.

But why pay $1,000's of dollars more for a .2 - .6 difference in grade? There are other existing copies of the same books being offered, and they will resurface, and one reason is that most people cannot afford to keep high end books in their collection for long. I've read in more than one post at this forum where people recoginize books that are often sold and re-sold. Granted their probably will be a few extra nice books that might not re-surface for a while, but is it really worth the minute difference in grade (eye appeal)? Not it my opinon.

If you see a book you need , don't be afraid to pay for it.

As much as I like comic books, I don't NEED any of them, I buy them because I WANT them. Collectors view comic books as entertainment first and collectables second. Spending thousands of dollars on entertainment doesn't keep a roof over your head, cloths on your back, or food on the table. I am very afraid, to ever get to a point of spending thousands of dollars for a single book, when I could have used the same money on something more useful/helpful.

Oh yeah, bump tongue.gif