• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #27 cgc 7.5 in next Heritage auction

63 posts in this topic

Now THAT I can get on board with!

I'm kind of glad MARVEL #1 is a slow book... maybe I'll have a shot at one.

:headbang:

Thank goodness its not another zzz Action #1.

Thank goodness, indeed...but there has to be someone out there who is just quivering with anticipation when it comes to talking about the EXACT SAME THINGS regarding Action #1, over...

Ashley1.jpg

and over...

Ashley2.jpg

and over again...

Ashley3.jpg

There seems to be more than enough quivering to go around for these two books. I wish there were less.

if you want less quivering, you should look into a Marvel #1, no one cares about that book anymore. lol

it's better ;)

I concur, much better!

Though not as nice as the 8.0, its definitely a mindblowing book.

Now we will see if the T27 million $$ sale will hold up hm

This books strikes me as nicer looking than the 8.0 that sold only because the 8.0 had that erasure.

What a pretty book this is!

Just that the staple stress is distracting but yes it is pretty.

it's better ;)

I concur, much better!

Though not as nice as the 8.0, its definitely a mindblowing book.

Now we will see if the T27 million $$ sale will hold up hm

This books strikes me as nicer looking than the 8.0 that sold only because the 8.0 had that erasure.

What a pretty book this is!

I actually think this one, though having nice eye appeal, seems a little over graded. The open spine split and the staple tear each kinda bug me.

But it is an awfully cool book. Would love to have it. Just wouldn't, and couldn't, pay what it is probably going to go for.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction. that being said, the issues are at the periphery of the book and the middle of it seems very clean and tight. I would bet it looks fantastic out of the holder. Maybe it looks like a 7.5 then. I would have called it a 7.0 from this picture at best.

I agree with you Bronty, looks like 7.0 to me. Regardless, a very nice book.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is Danny's old copy. His I believe was CGC'ed a 7.0, but it does look very similar to his in terms of the defects.(For those who have ever seen his copy)(Maybe this copy was pressed) (shrug)

I agree with you Bronty, looks like 7.0 to me. Regardless, a very nice book.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is Danny's old copy. His I believe was CGC'ed a 7.0, but it does look very similar to his in terms of the defects.(For those who have ever seen his copy)(Maybe this copy was pressed) (shrug)

Dont know him but he must have been hard pressed to let that gem go :grin:

I wonder:

how high must this book go to be considered an indication that T27 is *the* currently most expensive C-book?

Which barrierer does it have to crack for us to say: OK, - T27 is the most valuable book? 800K, 900K higher?

There is obviously a limit when A1 8.5 = 1,5 m.

T27 7.5 = ?? (shrug)

Discuss ...

I highly doubt that the Tec #27 CGC 7.5 is going to surpass the one that sold for 1 million 2c

I see the book going for $600,000 to $750,000.

(thumbs u

It'll go for more than that when the 6.0 went for $575 recently.

At $600k :takeit:

There are none in the census and there will be none, unless Jerry Robinson signs one. I just hope that there´ll never be any Tec 27 with a Robinson sig, since he had nothing to do with this particular book. It would only decrease the books value and only be a smear on the cover.

There are signed copies floating around if you particularly wanted one.

My old restored copy (sold recently as a 7.5 SP (cover cleaned plus small tear seals and CT) was signed by Bob Kane on the inside cover.

I wonder how many T27 sig series are floating around out there?

Presuming you're talking about Kane in specific, the answer would be none since he died before cgc started.

So there are copies with Kane / Robinson sigs out there. They are just not encapsulated in the cgc teflon holder - since cgc needs to attend the actual signature-performance live ...!? :headbang: