• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My 2 week anniversary!!

42 posts in this topic

Today is 2 weeks for me since I quit smoking. I used chantix, and am still using chantix but only for another 2 weeks. Quitting was not easy at all, but now I hope to live a bit longer and enjoy my "golden years" with my family. Just wanted to share with everyone on the forum, hopefully it helps someone else make the decision to quit.

Pat-

Thats GREAT!! Congrats!!!

Takes a huge commitment to do this type of stuff...I stopped drinking 9 months ago and haven't looked back...Keep your focus towards moving forward with it,and don't dwell on the past.

I have hated smoking for years. I promised my wife I would quit before my son was born, then it was before he turned one, this time was because I wanted to. I never enjoyed smoking really, just a habit. Truth be told after the first five days its been easy, now I just have a sense of accomplishment that I beat the urge. Thanks for thekind words and encouragement everyone!

Good for you. I always picture a guy with a can of dark brown spray paint giving the insides of my lungs the once over every time a puff is taken. No thanks

Today is 2 weeks for me since I quit smoking. I used chantix, and am still using chantix but only for another 2 weeks. Quitting was not easy at all, but now I hope to live a bit longer and enjoy my "golden years" with my family. Just wanted to share with everyone on the forum, hopefully it helps someone else make the decision to quit.

Pat-

Congrats, my dude! Good for you! (thumbs u

Sadly, I started again about a month ago, after being completely smoke-free for more than three years. I'm not smoking as much as I used to (not even close), but still... :sorry:

Pat-

You quit smoking the other stuff too? :baiting:

That truly is good news Pat. I have never even taken a drag off of a cigarette so I cannot even begin to understand the amount of will power needed to quit. I would think after two weeks you are on the downward edge of the bell curve.