• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help with customs OT kinda

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone else gets this, I live in Canada and when i get items shipped to me in Canada about 20% of the time when the books are delivered i get stuck with this extra fee I have to pay before they will release the book for customs. Why would this be for only a small percentage, is it how the sender values or describes the book when they ship it from the US or am i just unlucky those times.

If you got this what would you do, would you send an email to the sender asking for a partial refund of the customs receipt since you already paid shipping. Or if you were the sender how would you respond to someone you sent this to and they emailed you about these charges.

Quite possibly everyone gets this and i have no idea is another choice smile.gif

Any help would be great. Thank you.

I always send pacakges to Canada marked as gift and place a small value on it if the buyer agrees for me to do so to avoid having them pay for extra fees. If they opt for insurance then of course this can't be done.

To answer your question of whether or not a seller should foot the bill for your country's policies??? Ridiculous idea in my opinion. It's your country's policy and not the seller's.