• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow board member needing assistance

135 posts in this topic

All auctions ending tonight have finished - we raised $2123.99 from the community to help Beau in his time of need. More auctions going up tonight to run over the weekend. Thanks again to everybody who helped. :headbang:

All the auctions ending tonight are over as well, with another $330 raised, making our total $2453.99. Thanks to everybody who pitched in.

Beau - pay it forward to the next guy. (thumbs u

All auctions ending tonight have finished - we raised $2123.99 from the community to help Beau in his time of need. More auctions going up tonight to run over the weekend. Thanks again to everybody who helped. :headbang:

All the auctions ending tonight are over as well, with another $330 raised, making our total $2453.99. Thanks to everybody who pitched in.

That's great! :applause:

Too awesome!!! (worship)

Another successful fundraiser for another forumite in need.

AMAZING!

You can rest assured that I will, indeed, pay it forward once I've found employment.

I had a home-made hamburger tonight without any 'helper', and it was delicious! Ground chuck never tasted so good. I can't wait to get my new glasses, my current ones are fogged around the edges and held together by Krazy Glue. I also have an appointment to get two cavities filled, so hopefully I will soon be able to chew food with both sides of my mouth once again. :cloud9:

I'd just like to also thank those who donated cash straight to my PP account, yet don't want to be recognized publicly for doing so. I've emailed all of you and thanked you profusely (I hope), but the under-the-wire cash donations equaled almost another $1000 by themselves.

You guys, (and you know who you are), are sterling examples of humanity. I could never thank you enough, nor make a post appropriate enough to sing your praises, without revealing your identity.

I remember similar lessons from the time I used to live in a cardboard box in middle of road, had to wake up at four o' clock in the morning and lick road clean with tongue for sixpence every four years.

Wow, thanks for making light of Beau's situation - I know you Limies are irritatingly classist and I'm sure he appreciates it. doh!

This is an homage to Monty Python, you humourless %*(#. For someone who purports to hold themselves above the fray, you sure do like to mix it up.

I remember similar lessons from the time I used to live in a cardboard box in middle of road, had to wake up at four o' clock in the morning and lick road clean with tongue for sixpence every four years.

Wow, thanks for making light of Beau's situation - I know you Limies are irritatingly classist and I'm sure he appreciates it. doh!

This is an homage to Monty Python, you humourless %*(#. For someone who purports to hold themselves above the fray, you sure do like to mix it up.

Yup. One of their funniest clips of all time.

I'm sure Beau knows he's well loved here.

How drearily manipulative of you to say something like that, JC. You know all too well that my post wasn't even vaguely in reference to Beau's current situation (he has my sympathy), but merely me satirizing exclusively what you said in your post.

You make it sound as if you were living in abject poverty during the great depression - a dollar-fiddy jar of generic coffee-whitener being equated with towering joy is just another example of your limitless pomposity, sanctimony and ability to talk complete bollocks.

Wow, I've known many Limeys in my life that were classist, but you really take the cake, And to think that Beau, someone going through serious financial problems to the point of ignoring basic human requirements, would *not* be insulted by your elitist post is truly mind-boggling.

Or is acting like a pompous fool making fun of those less fortunate than you, what you call "British satire"? I guess so.

Yes, when my then-fiancee got into a specialized school, of which there are less than one per province, and I quit my job and we moved there, things were tight for a good 6-8 months. I never said I was "living in a box", but our budget was so low that I couldn't afford certain things I had taken for granted, like coffee whitener - it was now an "extra" and after going a few months without, getting that can was something I will remember forever, and that period in my life taught me some very important lessons.

Maybe if you'd been poor you would have more respect for someone like Beau, rather than sipping your Ear Grey tea, looking down your nose at us "animal-like North Americans".

LMAO!