• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping comics insured

10 posts in this topic

How do you guys ship comics worth several thousands of dollars? Apparently Fedex packages containing "collector's items" are limited to a declared value of $500. Is the USPS the best bet or is there another possibility? I need to ship comics worth about $5000 to England and I want them completely insured (I'll be nervous about it anyway).

-- Dave

Dave,

You can go with another company that will insure packages that are shipped FedEx. I think the insurance is $1 per $100 so in this case it would be $50. I used this service when I shipped to Canada when USPS won't insure for more than $600.

Hey guys, the best way to send the comics via USPS is registered and insured(cheaper service than just insuring and supposedly it goes a "safer" route), but does anyone know if you can send a comic registered and insured to another country?

Peter

I can ship a cgc bk fr Canada to USA reg'd but not insured. The delivery person is supposed to ask for a signature, but if he forgets & just leaves the parcel at the doorstep & the neighbor walks off w/ a nice free X-mas present, then the sender of the parcel (in Canada) is SOL (never insured).

Sender in Cda can also ship $5k of bks to Europe via Xpresspost Europe. Min. charge $35 Cdn for weight of 1 cgc bk. Insurance extra. Faster than spcl delivery, slower than fed ex.