• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In which age do we find the most fascinating Batman tales?

66 posts in this topic

I came to ponder in which age Batman gave us the best :cloud9: tales?

GA

SA

BA

Copper

Moderns

I have heard it that Bats 1 should contain one of the best Joker stories out there?

On the other extreme end of the timeline there is all the modern, current stuff

(say the name: Grant - the man - Morrison).

So in which age shall we seek the best of the best ...

I must agree...plus,it's what I bought off the spinner as a kid...
The answers to this question would probably depend on the age of each person when purchased off of a spinner rack.

Modern age also gave us:

Long Halloween

Dark Victory

Dini Detective Run

So, there's some really good stuff in modern as well. The early part of Morrison's run is very good as well.

Just finished reading Long Halloween for the first time last night--wow. Absolutely top-notch. I know there is some stuff of Loeb's that has taken a lot of flack but this is definitely another standout piece for him.

And Sale's artwork... man, really draws you in. When I saw it for Batman (initially) I would think, man, just looks sloppy--part of why I put off buying it. Then I broke down and finally started reading and man, it just totally clicked. He just has a really unique style that really grows on you.

Copper, without a doubt.

care to share the issue numbers? thanks. :foryou:

Yeah exactly: Issue #'s please. Thats what I'm gonna do after this thread. I am going to call my woe to Milehigh Chucky so I can get those select books in NM

I must agree...plus,it's what I bought off the spinner as a kid...
The answers to this question would probably depend on the age of each person when purchased off of a spinner rack.

So, like everything you read as a kid is great.

And everything you read later on is dreg ... (shrug)

Love BA and CA. I also find that there are some decent moderns as well, too bad there is also so much garbage moderns.

Garbage ... really hm

I actually broke out of the vault and re-read 'Batman - Son of Demon' by Mike W. Barr. An old time favorite. In my opinion i didnt hold up. This James Bond 007 universe you find in this book - where Batty gets a kid with Ra's Al Ghuls daughter kinder sucked actually. Sad but true :(

Its *beatifully* drawn though: great Art in there !! :sumo:

Just to name a few - Year One run, Vengence of Bane 1 & 2, DK story, Killing Joke.

Copper, without a doubt.

care to share the issue numbers? thanks. :foryou:

I know'em all 'Cept 'Vengence of Bane'. Whats that?

The copper age had some great stories. But so did the bronze age. And the modern age brought us the "hush" storyline. I think you see what im getting at.

Just a shame that Hush is equipped with such fanboyish art through and through.

The heroic posture of the figures, etc, etc.

Just finished reading Long Halloween for the first time last night--wow. Absolutely top-notch. I know there is some stuff of Loeb's that has taken a lot of flack but this is definitely another standout piece for him.

And Sale's artwork... man, really draws you in. When I saw it for Batman (initially) I would think, man, just looks sloppy--part of why I put off buying it. Then I broke down and finally started reading and man, it just totally clicked. He just has a really unique style that really grows on you.

+ 1 agreed. Im also flat on my spoon for the Loeb/Sale collaboration :cloud9: