• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Have A Funnies #22? Need A Cover

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there is a bound volume of The Funnies that may contain a copy of issue #22? I saw a large number of bound Dell volumes in the Heritage archives from a variety of sources: John McLaughlin Collection, Random House Archives, "Western Publishing file copies", and "office copy" collections. Just curious if anyone has done any leg-work in tracking down which volumes exist and who the current owners may to any bound volumes of The Funnies that may contain an issue #22.

I don't think there was a bound volume going back that far. If there was it didn't make it to public auction.

I know BangZoom has said he doesn't own one (and had never seen one).

What about Mr. Berk?

Or Scrooge's "Happy GA Collector"?

I am not sure about how far his Funnies go back since that's one part of the collection that is in dire need of organization. The only stack of Funnies I grabbed had an early one then jumped to Fantasmo ... so I can't be sure unless I go back to see his collection.

I know HA had a couple bound copies of Crackajack Funnies for issues 1-12 which would overlap the period for Funnies #22, which makes me suspect that a bound vol. of The Funnies for that period should exist... but I could be wrong.