• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confirmed Unannounced Creators Attending SDCC 2010

155 posts in this topic

Seth Rogen is only appearing to promote upcoming movie appearances like The Green Hornet. When the studio brings in the stars, usually those stars are on a very tight budget and timeline, as the studio sets the timeline, the star is constantly in meetings or on stage or answering questoins, or what not.

If the cast of a movie wants to do a signing, they set up a special room far away from everything else, randomly pick a small number of people, have those people line up, accept the "studio gift" which is usually a mini-poster, have the person hand that mini-poster to a cast member who says thanks and signs it and hands it to the next cast member or back to you to walk over to the next person. You are not allowed to bring your own items to get signed, you are not allowed to ask for a photo (cuz that screws up the line timing, etc.) and basically you're not allowed to look at them, pretty much. If you get to the actor and you make a request, the actor feels compelled to say yes and be the good guy. (that's why the organizers play bad guy, so the good guy can sign for everyone and move on.)

Honestly, I think Seth Rogen would love to sit and sign, but nobody here knows him to ask him direct, plus if he signs for one person, he'd have to sign for pretty much everyone and there's just not enough time to do that, so I somewhat understand. So, there's your long answer to your short question. :)

According to Paul Dini's website at http://kingofbreakfast.livejournal.com/:

"No booth for me this year and as I'm not a guest, no scheduled signings either." But he's got 2 panels, one on Friday, one on Sunday... Just gotta convince him to sit down to sign my Batman: Harley Quinn... :)

Thankfully, the autograph schedule for the show was posted today. There were 2 names on the list that I was delighted to see:

Tommy Lee Edwards

James Jean

Strange enough, Giant Robot just posted a quick signing schedule, no James Jean. The con signing Saturday 12-1 pm may be his only signing. (tho' the publisher of Process Recess will probably have him at their booth)

That's it for now.

Joel

I did see that thanks. I was just wondering if there was a way to tell which specific cast members were going to be there, or does all of the main cast members show up?

Hey Bryan--looks like most of the cast will be there Friday.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_search_results.php

Friday, July 23

12:45-1:45 The Big Bang Theory— It's "Anything Can Happen Friday" at Comic-Con as The Big Bang Theory -- which kicks off a new night of comedy on Thursdays for CBS this fall -- returns to Comic-Con with a special screening and Q&A featuring the show's creators and stars. Resident Big Bang alum Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) moderates a lively discussion featuring executive producers Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Dharma & Greg), as well as series stars Johnny Galecki (Roseanne), Jim Parsons (Garden State), Kaley Cuoco (Charmed), Simon Helberg (Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story), and Kunal Nayyar (NCIS). From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory will air Thursdays at 8 pm ET/PT this fall on the CBS Television Network, and The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 14. Ballroom 20

I did see that thanks. I was just wondering if there was a way to tell which specific cast members were going to be there, or does all of the main cast members show up?

Friday, July 23

12:45-1:45 The Big Bang Theory— It's "Anything Can Happen Friday" at Comic-Con as The Big Bang Theory -- which kicks off a new night of comedy on Thursdays for CBS this fall -- returns to Comic-Con with a special screening and Q&A featuring the show's creators and stars. Resident Big Bang alum Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) moderates a lively discussion featuring executive producers Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Dharma & Greg), as well as series stars Johnny Galecki (Roseanne), Jim Parsons (Garden State), Kaley Cuoco (Charmed), Simon Helberg (Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story), and Kunal Nayyar (NCIS). From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory will air Thursdays at 8 pm ET/PT this fall on the CBS Television Network, and The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 14. Ballroom 20

I did happen to see this the other day :banana: It will probably be like most other celeb signature chances, close to zero, but I have my :wishluck: .

Thank you for posting this though. :)

Friday, July 23

12:45-1:45 The Big Bang Theory It's "Anything Can Happen Friday" at Comic-Con as The Big Bang Theory -- which kicks off a new night of comedy on Thursdays for CBS this fall -- returns to Comic-Con with a special screening and Q&A featuring the show's creators and stars. Resident Big Bang alum Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) moderates a lively discussion featuring executive producers Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Dharma & Greg), as well as series stars Johnny Galecki (Roseanne), Jim Parsons (Garden State), Kaley Cuoco (Charmed), Simon Helberg (Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story), and Kunal Nayyar (NCIS). From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory will air Thursdays at 8 pm ET/PT this fall on the CBS Television Network, and The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 14. Ballroom 20

I did happen to see this the other day :banana: It will probably be like most other celeb signature chances, close to zero, but I have my :wishluck: .

Thank you for posting this though. :)

No problem.Good luck :wishluck:

Jolie came to SDCC for Tomb Raider 2. Studio flew her in, she did exactly a 1 hr signing, the panel, then quickly left. I was running the Top Cow booth and we couldn't even get her for a photo op with a Tomb Raider comic book. This was BEFORE Brad & all the kids. :)

thought I should bump this, cant read anymore Blank Cover threads...makes JJ head hurt...

Wish Marvel would post who they have coming, but might as well wait until Friday of next week or something...

thought I should bump this, cant read anymore Blank Cover threads...makes JJ head hurt...

Wish Marvel would post who they have coming, but might as well wait until Friday of next week or something...

JJ,

Can you get Matt Groening, Wesley Snipes, the girl from Big Bang Theory and Ray Bradbury to do the Electric Slide, get a picture of it, and then have them all autograph it for me? K, thx, bye!

JJ,

Can you get Matt Groening, Wesley Snipes, the girl from Big Bang Theory and Ray Bradbury to do the Electric Slide, get a picture of it, and then have them all autograph it for me? K, thx, bye!

Kaley Cuoco ..... :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Dark Horse Comics – Booth #2615

2010 Signing and Events Schedule!

WEDNESDAY, JULY 21 (Preview Night):

Domo raffle! Come to our booth to win one of our Comic-Con Exclusive Domo Figures!

6:00 – 7:00 Rick Remender: Fear Agent, End League, Gigantic

THURSDAY, JULY 22:

11:00 – 12:00 Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon: De:Tales, PIXU

11:00 – 12:00 Matt Kindt: 3 Story

12:00 – 1:00 Eric Powell: The Goon, Buzzard

12:00 – 1:00 Arvid Nelson: Zerokiller

1:00 – 2:00 Mario & Gilbert Hernandez: Citizen Rex

1:00 – 2:00 Ethan Nicolle: Axe Cop

2:00 – 3:00 Legendary Artist Milo Manara

3:00 – 4:00 Denis Kitchen: The Oddly Compelling Art of Denis Kitchen

3:00 – 4:00 Carla Speed McNeil: Finder

3:00 – 4:00 Brian Ewing: Don’t Hold Your Breath – The Art of Brian Ewing

4:00 – 5:00 Alien Legion: Carl Potts, Chris Warner, Randy Emberlin

4:00 – 5:00 Creepy: Nathan Fox, Rahsan Ekedal, Bernie Wrightson, Jason Shawn Alexander, Eric Powell, Dennis Calero, Joe Harris, Dan Braun

5:00 – 6:00 Supersized: Morgan Spurlock, Ron English

5:00 – 6:00 Rick Remender: Fear Agent, End League, Gigantic

6:00 – 7:00 Robert E Howard Comics: Tomas Giorello, Jim & Ruth Keegan, Darick Robertson , Scott Allie, Jose Villarubia

6:00 – 7:00 Graham Annable: The Book of Grickle

FRIDAY, JULY 23:

10:00 – 11:00 Stan Sakai: Usagi Yojimbo

11:00 – 12:00 Dave McKean: Cages, Pictures That Tick

12:00 – 1:30 Hellboy & The BPRD: Mike Mignola, Duncan Fregredo, Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon, Patric Reynolds

1:00 – 2:00 JP Kalonji: 365 Samurai

2:00 – 3:00 Dark Horse & TNT Present: Falling Skies – Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Mark Verheiden (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

3:00 – 4:00 Metalocalypse: Dethklok – Brendan Small, Jon Schnepp, Eric Powell, Jeremy Barlow, Lucas Marangon

4:00 – 5:15 Joss Whedon: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse, Serenity (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

4:00 – 5:00 Aliens VS Predator: Randy Stradley, Raymond Swanland

5:30 – 7:00 Bestselling Authors Janet Evanovich & Alex Evanovich: Troublemaker

ALSO, FRIDAY, JULY 23rd IS STAR WARS DAY! STAR WARS CREATOR SIGNINGS ALL DAY:

11:00 – 12:00 Alex Freed, Michael Atiyeh, & Michael Heisler: Star Wars – Old Republic

12:00 – 1:00 Colin Wilson & Tom Taylor: Star Wars – Invasion

1:00 – 2:00 Haden Blackman: Star Wars – Force Unleashed

4:00 – 5:00 Henry Gilroy, Steven Melching: Star Wars – Clone Wars

5:00 – 6:00 Matt & Shawn Fillbach, Jeremy Barlow: Star Wars – Clone Wars Adventures

SATURDAY, JULY 24:

11:00 – 12:00 Shinjuku: Yoaka Amano, Mink (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

11:00 – 12:00 Terminator: Zack Whedon, Andy McDonald

12:00 – 1:00 Art of Avatar The Last Airbender: Bryan Konietzko, Michael Dante DiMartino

12:00 – 1:00 Steve Niles: Criminal Macabre

1:00 – 2:30 The Umbrella Academy: Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

1:00 – 2:00 Lucas Marangon: Hellcyon

2:00 – 3:00 Ricardo Delgado: Age of Reptiles

2:00 – 3:00 Camilla D’Errico

3:00 – 4:00 Serenity: Float Out – Patton Oswalt, Patric Reynolds (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

3:00 – 4:00 Jill Thompson: Beasts of Burden

4:00 – 5:00 Let Me In Cast Signing: Richard Jenkins, Matt Reeves, Kodi Smit-McPhee & Chloe Moretz (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

4:00 – 5:00 Adam Warren: Empowered

5:00 – 5:45 Dollhouse: Creator Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, Zack Ward, Felicia Day (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

5:00 – 6:00 Dark Horse & Bethesda Present – Fallout: New Vegas – Geof Darrow, Game Writer Chris Avellone

5:00 – 6:00 Tony Millionaire: The Art of Tony Millionaire, Sock Monkey

6:00 – 7:00 David Lloyd: Kickback

6:00 – 7:00 Paul Sammon: Conan the Phenomenon

SUNDAY, JULY 25:

11:00 – 12:00 Denis Kitchen: The Oddly Compelling Art of Denis Kitchen

11:00 – 12:00 It Ate Billy for Xmas: Steven Daily, Roman Dirge

12:00 – 1:00 Emily the Strange: Creator Rob Reger and Buzz Parker

12:00 – 1:00 Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Jo Chen and Andy Owens

1:00 – 2:00 Shinjuku: Yoaka Amano, Mink (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

1:00 – 2:00 Tara McPherson: Lost Constellations

2:00 – 3:00 Legendary Artist Milo Manara

2:00 – 3:00 Larry Marder: Beanworld

3:00 – 4:00 Frank Miller & Dave Gibbons (*ticketed event: See Dark Horse employee for details)

IDW is up

Wednesday

6 – 7 PM Bloom County -Berkeley Breathed

7 – 8 PM True Blood – David Tischman, Mariah Huehner

Thursday

10 – 11 AM The Last Unicorn – Peter Beagle, Frank Stockto

11 AM – 12 PM Strange Science Fantasy – Scott Morse

11 AM – 12 PM Angora Napkin – Troy Little

1 – 2 PM We Will Bury You – Brea and Zane Grant

1:30 – 2:30 PM Yoe Books – Craig Yoe

2 – 3 PM Bloom County – Berkeley Breathed

2:30 – 3:30 PM Doctor Who – Kelly Yates and Tony Lee

Friday

10 – 11 PM Portfolio Review – Scott Dunbier

11 AM – 12 PM True Blood – David Tischman, Mariah Huehner

11:30 AM – 12:30 PM King Tut – Alex Irvine, Chris Mitten, Ron Randall

12:30 – 1:30 PM Eternal Descent – Llexi Leon

2:30 – 3:30 PM Bloom County – Berkeley Breathed

4 – 5 PM Drink and Draw – Dave Johnson, Dan Panosian, Jeff Johnson, Brad Vancata

5 – 6 PM Ghostbusters – Jim Beard

Saturday

11 – 12 PM Bloom County – Berkeley Breathed

1 – 2 PM Wire Hangers – Alan Robert

1:30 – 2:30 PM Tribes –Michael Geszel,

2:30 – 3:30 PM Bloom County – Berkeley Breathed

3 – 4 PM True Blood – David Tischman, Mariah Huehner

4 – 5 PM Mystery Society – Steven Niles, Fiona Staples

5 – 6 PM Drink and Draw – Dave Johnson, Dan Panosian, Jeff Johnson, Brad Vancata

5 – 6 PM Library of American Comics – Dean Mullaney

Sunday

12 – 1 PM Angora Napkin – Troy Little

1:30 – 2:30 PM Eternal Descent – Llexi Leon

2:30 – 3:30 PM Tribes –Michael Geszel,

3 – 4 PM Doctor Who - Kelly Yates and Tony Lee