• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shouldn't this be a Green Qualified CGC label?

29 posts in this topic

No like catering to someone or having an under the table deal to grade books softly to certain people. That's just one of the things you have to worry about in society frown.gif

The point stands however..if CGC is deemed untrustworthy ever..that little label that says "western penn" will mean nothing and it will be VERY difficult to prove that your book is actually a western PA.

Brian

I will have to introduce a new "scratch n sniff" panel to my slab so other collectors can verify its "Western Penn"ess...

I was going to add "or giving Blue Labels of Investment to cater to the big $$$ pedigree whores out there..." tongue.gif

"I think if it looks like a signature of someone that was associated with the book, then they'll give it a green label."

Hmmm, then what do you think about the Marvel Comics # 1 Pay Copy? Can that editor who wrote all over the cover and interior pages be considered "associated with the book"? Should that book have received a Green Label?

new_user = can't let sleeping dogs lie grin.gif

Sorry, you'll get a green one. Here's a plug for one of my auctions.

I got Adam Hughes to sign this book (in-person), and it came back a green label that says: "Name & 'Best'" written on cover in marker". Exactly how the do they know "AH!" is a name? Maybe the HUGE "AH!" that's printed on the cover clued them in. But I think they should have qualified this with: "'Best, AH!' written on cover in marker".

I'm not saying they should have called this a Signature Series, but they should have simply stated what was written on the cover in marker and not try to discern what it meant or who may have written it.

Now, don't everybody bid on this one at once or you might bog down the eBay servers.

This is why I think CGC should have a different color label for PEDIGREE books. I just can't see how they can be considered UNIVERSAL. Most that I've seen have some kind of writing on them. Nice books, but writing on them?

What color label should a pedigree be?

Hmmm, then what do you think about the Marvel Comics # 1 Pay Copy? Can that editor who wrote all over the cover and interior pages be considered "associated with the book"? Should that book have received a Green Label?
Primo example there of where it hit home with CGC that they should break consistency and not use the Qualified label on a copy that otherwise would have gotten it to prevent the comic from dropping in value. I just wish it would've started a permanent policy change, not a one-time exception.