• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many DC Completionists are left?

246 posts in this topic

Here's a pic taken last Thursday while we were sorting the comics to be photographed.

Stacking comics like that is generally not good for the spines. Are you concerned about that?

Stacking seemed to work out just fine for that Edgar Church fella. (shrug)

yup tim's absolutely right... stacking is the BEST thing you can do for the spine! vertical storage puts way more pressure on the spine than horizontal storage. as long as you don't have too many in a single stack (or alternate the spines like church did) its really the way everybody should be storing the books. vertical storage in a comic box is convenient but that's about it

Here's a pic taken last Thursday while we were sorting the comics to be photographed.

Stacking comics like that is generally not good for the spines. Are you concerned about that?

Stacking seemed to work out just fine for that Edgar Church fella. (shrug)

He rotated his books I believe.

On the contrary. Each shelf is only twelve inches apart. Stacking flat for such a short height is better for the comics than standing them up. It only becomes not good for the spines if they're stacked three feet high.

(thumbs u

yup tim's absolutely right... stacking is the BEST thing you can do for the spine! vertical storage puts way more pressure on the spine than horizontal storage. as long as you don't have too many in a single stack (or alternate the spines like church did) its really the way everybody should be storing the books. vertical storage in a comic box is convenient but that's about it

This is EXACTLY what I said, which is why my comics are stacked only twelve inches high or less.

It's far better for them than standing upright, which may protect the spines, but causes severe page buckling.

This is EXACTLY what I said, which is why my comics are stacked only twelve inches high or less.

It's far better for them than standing upright, which may protect the spines, but causes severe page buckling.

Interesting.

I realize this would not be plausible in your situation. But I have a bunch of Batman raw silver age comics that I do not need slabbed and was always paranoid about how I stored them in terms of placement and maintaining integrity, etc.

I have been doing some research as I am now jumping back into the mix and found these storage like slab cases called millcases which seem pretty neat. You can get them for a little over $2.00 a pop.

They are basically similar to a stream lined slim plastic case; what you would put your CD-ROM or DVD into, except made for comics. Supposed to be great for maintaining the integrity of the spine, overall shape of the comic,etc. Have you seen these? Any opinions from anyone appreciated?

FYI I do not think I would put my Batman comics in them, but maybe would consider comics newer than 1975ish or so.

Interesting.

I realize this would not be plausible in your situation. But I have a bunch of Batman raw silver age comics that I do not need slabbed and was always paranoid about how I stored them in terms of placement and maintaining integrity, etc.

I have been doing some research as I am now jumping back into the mix and found these storage like slab cases called millcases which seem pretty neat. You can get them for a little over $2.00 a pop.

They are basically similar to a stream lined slim plastic case; what you would put your CD-ROM or DVD into, except made for comics. Supposed to be great for maintaining the integrity of the spine, overall shape of the comic,etc. Have you seen these? Any opinions from anyone appreciated?

FYI I do not think I would put my Batman comics in them, but maybe would consider comics newer than 1975ish or so.

Unless there is a small amount of natural pressure on a comic, the pages warp slightly by nature of the paper they're made from.

Small stacks are by far the best way to store comics.

Your jewel case type suggestion would cause the pages to warp over time, like many CD booklets do.