• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC! New way to make $$$$!

7 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=743520816

A g/Vg grade book sells for about $2000. Divided by 11, would give a "value" of about $200. for 1 regular page.

Sell your comics BY THE PAGE! My god, this guy must be some evil genius!

Why didn't I think of that?

-------------------------------------------

"Even if all his life a fool associates with a wise man, he will not appreciate the truth, even as the spoon does not appreciate the flavor of the soup."

The Buddha

Absurd as it may seem, you can actually send pages in to CGC for slabbing. Check out ComicLink.

They didn't grade it, because, duh, no CGC grade corresponds to missing cover and most of the comic, but they did authenticate it.

But it hasn't sold yet and so I wonder how saleable stuff like this is. I'd give the guy 200 for the Action #1 pages but wouldn't give anything for the AF#15 page.

I agree donut. Just because several posters in here have the funds to spend thousands on rare key issues, doesn't mean that everyone does. Yet, even the people with very little money may still desire cool key stuff of their favorite characters and drool over it even if they can't come close to affording it.

I think this is a perfectly good idea for someone that just wants it for it's cool factor or for conversation, even if it won't appreciate in value. Believe it or not, some people like comics just for the simple reason that.....well.....they like them.

I'd give the guy 200 for the Action #1 pages but wouldn't give anything for the AF#15 page

You might as well offer the guy nothing for the Action #1 pages while you're at it, 'cause your $200 won't come any where near asking cost for that piece. The selling price for that one page alone is the measly sum of $2,495 (and if you want all 5 pages being offered - only 2 of them contain superman - well, you can have them all for only $3,995).

Makes this AF #15 page seem like some sort of a bargain now, doesn't it?