• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman gets a new costume?

48 posts in this topic

I looked at this for a while and...

I love this costume!

Jacket's too short is all.

Will it work? Possibly not. It does not retain enough of the original design to be instantly recognized as WW. It loses it's icon(icity?). But put it in a movie, hang on to it (hard and jealously) for a few decades and the character will be better off for it I think.

I was still on the fence about the book a little bit but not anymore. I'm totally in! Very bold move by everyone involved. I got to respect that!

Oddly enough I think this looks more hellenistic than the previous one. The stars are very subtle so the costume is less "god bless america and it's flag" and the bracelets, tiara and belt have more texture. Reminiscent of relief scultpure -> http://www.goddessgift.net/images/Goddess%20Athena%20Relief.jpg

Jacket with shoulder pads is and odd juxtaposition I'll admit. But with time this will gradually simplify and has a good chance at becoming a more iconic design. How long before Barry Allen and Hal Jordan's costumes "took"? Is there pecedence of a golden age character dramatically changing costumes successfully (without changing civilian name like Flash and GL)?

I like the old one that shows her legs and more cleavage, but take my opinion with a grain of salt because I'm a pervert to the Nth degree. hm

It's an alternate history costume. Dhe will be back in regular before you know!

All Major heroes return to their roots

I can't think of some who didn't.

Green Lantern and Flash for instance. Alan Scott and Jay Garrick play second fiddle.

Green Lantern and Flash for instance. Alan Scott and Jay Garrick play second fiddle.

The Superman and Batman logo's are different as well. Atom.... hm

And the Hulk was grey in the beginning. hm

Flash isn't a major hero!

Alan Scott is back to his old costume style...

Jay Garrick never really changed!!!!

Hulk is red now. :gossip:

That makes it even more removed from his roots. lol

I'm hoping for a more sensitive Hulk in various pastel shades.

The Superman and Batman logo's are different as well. Atom.... hm

But has any character, once he/she has achieved a high level of popularity, even gone to a radically different costume and stayed with it and/or never worn the old one again?

I don't think that would ever happen due to copyright/trademark law and the possibility of losing that specific physical likeness.