• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A tiny bit of tape residue on the spine

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm looking for a bit of help. I have a CGC SS book that is presently graded at a 6.5. Problem is, somewhere inbetween being subbed and graded, a tiny bit of tape residue ended up on the spine. I am thinking of taking it to a CON for a resub, but I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on how to remove the tape residue. It has been suggested that without the residue, the book would grade at an 8.0/8.5. If its too difficult, I'll leave it be cause its a gorgeous book as is.

So, any suggestions on what I could do to remove the residue and keep the CGC yellow label...

You could have the adhesive removed by someone with experience.

My main concern is that once you crack it out of the case it won't get a yellow label since sigs need a witness.

So the first question you should be asking is if you resubmit it out of the case with the original label would you get a yellow label again.

So, I more or less need to find a CGC witness who could professionally remove the residue for me, then resub. Hmm...sounds like it might be difficult.

Yep, you're fooked :grin:

So, I more or less need to find a CGC witness who could professionally remove the residue for me, then resub. Hmm...sounds like it might be difficult.

Yep, you're fooked :grin:

Ha...yeah, that's what I figured. No biggie, the book is gorgeous either way and I bought it for the sigs, not the grade. If the opportunity ever presents itself where I can have it removed, great, if not, no biggie. Thanks for all the input!