• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the worst thing that could happen?

44 posts in this topic

This!!!! ... a true story? Looks like it.

From Craigslist - Craigslist posting READ IT HERE

original post text ...

Memorial weekend (Friday) I had a yard sale where I sold my son's comic books for $1 each. When he arrived at my house, he was more than devastated. I didn't know that he was holding on to them and that his estranged father had given them to him when he was a child and around 15 yrs ago. He hardly has anything from his father, and I don't think he'll ever forgive me. I have been crying for days now, and I don't know how I can possibly ever be forgiven or make it up to him. I am begging anyone who bought them to please return them. I destroyed part of my son's past and his future, and I had no idea the extent of the damage that I would cause my son and the relationship between us. I beg of you to PLEASE do the right thing if you are one of the people who bought the comics.

The yard sale was in ABQ NE Heights near Indian School and Eubank on Glorieta St. The most important comics missing are old X-MEN, one specifically is x men 1st edition, vol. #1 (1963), which is the very first x men ever printed and released. YOU CAN BE A REAL-LIFE SUPERHERO TO A KID, receive national (and quite possibly international) recognition, more than likely make loads of money through media interviews, and give real hope to everyone who hears that super people with morals and quality characteristics still remain amongst us.

Sincerely and thank you,

Valerie

A really bad car crash on the way there. That's the worst that could happen. Be careful.

Not the same story...but interesting all the same.

Only interesting in that the artwork (and some lobby cards in the same package) were stolen a couple of weeks earlier from the DFW Airport.

My guess is that the story is 100% wildly_fanciful_statement and the woman is just an attention whore looking for some sympathy. She can't be happy with her life unless she's making everyone believe she's miserable.

I how she can get the comics back ;) or get the money to for an X-Men #1. :devil: All she needs to do is find some "X"-Men, get a camera, have Colossus Beast Cyclops do some paid training in her Danger Room, and sell the video on the internet. :o

Yeah, what I wrote is wrong but why would someone sell their kid's thing without them knowing. Is she some type of druggy/alcoholic that only thinks of herself before her own child. I feel so bad for the kid :sorry: and I bet mom brings loser guys around that he hears with his mom at night. I bet they also try and boss the kid around and him like he is dirt because he is not their kid. If she knew her kid from spending time with him then she would of known how much those books ment to him. She most likly has issues and a reason why the father is not around. Heck, if she going to have guys over to her home why not use them to better her kids life. Find people who can be the role models to her kid that she can't be right now. I see to many kids that go the wrong way in life because their parents don't take the time to give their kids what they need to have a better life. If this story is true then at least she is trying to take the first steps through this listing.