• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got this from UPS today

35 posts in this topic

Pick this up from UPS today. Opened it when I got home only to find the case was barely hanging together. :frustrated: As you can see there are pieces of the case laying on the bottom. I have already filed a claim with the UPS.

100633.jpg.9de5ed49adc3b4c4a89e300ccd34dc90.jpg

100634.jpg.a633d5d261a167f90296059b4b4ee332.jpg

100635.jpg.4a1e1e0f9fa84c8344b42efcf283b5f2.jpg

100636.jpg.8c508775558688094089a79841c990fc.jpg

Maybe hulk got pizzed about having other fellas names written on him and tried to bust up out of there! :baiting:

Man, that's too bad. Sorry to hear it. Ouch! Did you take pictures of the packaging? That took some serious blows. Was it double boxed? I'm just wondering what someone had to do to beat the case like that. Good luck with the book. :wishluck:

You sure CGC won't simply re-slab it? I know they won't re-slab a SS if it's been opened, but if the case is cracked and the label is not removed, and the inner well not opened....... (shrug)

I would give them a call on it. (shrug)

I would be curious how that book was packaged? That is some serious damage. It looks like it was power bombed by Hawk from the Road Warriors.

DRX

The book was done at Planet Comic Con with the help of jonjesper and then submittted directly to CGC. It was shipped directly from CGC to me. It was packaged very well, but looked like the box had been crushed from both ends. Next time this happens I know to open it there at the customer center. I have already been in contact with CGC about getting it re cased. I handled the book long enough to inspect it, about throw up, photographed it and then put it back in the ox to wait for the response for the claim I filed with UPS

This gets me mad, at UPS. They are the worst. After a number of bad experiences, I never use them anymore. I thought CGC uses USPS by default ?

Fedex is defintely better, even the USPS is better. The customer service at UPS for a residential customer is terrible. They just don't care. Fedex, on the other hand, is much more accomodating.

I sincerely hope this all works out for you. Good luck.