• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey! New poster - pre-code Horror and Crime comic book addict!!

296 posts in this topic

Okay I will ask the stupid question because it is bugging me.

Say this guy is pretending to be someone else...Can someone fill me in on what the purpose of that would be?

I thought a shill was someone who bid on stuff at auction to drive the price up without the intention of winning. What is the plan for this shill (if he is one). What's the agenda???

Just curious...

You and me both, what is the point?

The Creep-

Don't waste your time trying to appease Telepath. Once he makes up his mind, nothing will change it.

Just carry on and ignore him.

Welcome to the Boards from another huge precode crime and horror fan!

The Creep-

Don't waste your time trying to appease Telepath. Once he makes up his mind, nothing will change it.

Just carry on and ignore him.

Welcome to the Boards from another huge precode crime and horror fan!

From one shill to another (thumbs u

:gossip:hey..., what's the latest list of books that aren't selling for what they ought to....,???:cool:

Don't fret too much about people questioning your identity here; it's pretty much a reflex by now. When I first joined I was accused by many of being a Danny Dupcak shill via PMs, when I had no idea who the hell he was.

Once you endure the hazing (and I hope you will), you'll find this is a great community; unless you actually are a shill, in which case you will be found out eventually, and go down in flames.

This community is pretty insular, and protective of our own. There's a lot of infighting, but we rally together when an outside attacker emerges (which happens more often than you'd think). Scammers often pop up here, so unfortunately we are automatically distrustful of newcomers. This is certainly nothing against you, it's a blanket policy applied to any new poster. Once your bona-fides have been verified, and your posts have proven to be beneficial (or at least amusing) to the community at large, you'll be accepted.

There have been far too many new posters that took advantage of this forum, ripping off members to the tune of several thousands of dollars in fraudulent sales. You can't fault us for being leery.

That having been said, welcome to the boards!