• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey! New poster - pre-code Horror and Crime comic book addict!!

296 posts in this topic

OK, 'Nick', so you're a 23 year old male student who, according to what you told us, is very internet savvy and knows how to post on many boards with different codes.

And yet you only created a Facebook account on 27th May and you have no friends from your college or family, you have no comments posted on it (by you or anyone else), you have no photos and no personal information? :/

Please explain how this can be in 2010?

Aw man come on. Let's not start this again. I've tried to be totally amicable, I've done all I can.

The fact is, I only got Facebook for the promotion of my site. I'm not interested in getting too involved in it. You'll notice I'm friends with lots of horror convention profiles, and events. I use FB to keep up to date with the horror scene and will be using it, in time, to promote my site.

I'm not certain when I set the account up, but I would have thought it before May. I could be mistaken.

Creep - you went far enough. Actually you went too far. I don't recall FT was made the board police officer, court of inquiry, jury, senate subcommittee and possible executioner. This has reached ridiculous proportions and is embarrassing to observe.

Just ignore the whole thing and go and post wherever you want. If you are on the level fine. If you are not on the level that will eventually be revealed. But this public inquisition is beyond farcical.

The fact you show us your books is proof enough for me 2c

Just post somewhere else on the boards.

There's no point in changing FT's mind right now.

Creep - you went far enough. Actually you went too far. I don't recall FT was made the board police officer, court of inquiry, jury, senate subcommittee and possible executioner. This has reached ridiculous proportions and is embarrassing to observe.

Just ignore the whole thing and go and post wherever you want. If you are on the level fine. If you are not on the level that will eventually be revealed. But this public inquisition is beyond farcical.

That's a good way to put it. Even i'm starting to feel a bit bad about the whole thing and i'm not only NOT involved in this but I don't even like crummy EC's or Brits for that matter. :kidaround:

OK, 'Nick', so you're a 23 year old male student who, according to what you told us, is very internet savvy and knows how to post on many boards with different codes.

And yet you only created a Facebook account on 27th May and you have no friends from your college or family, you have no comments posted on it (by you or anyone else), you have no photos and no personal information? :/

Please explain how this can be in 2010?

Aw man come on. Let's not start this again. I've tried to be totally amicable, I've done all I can.

The fact is, I only got Facebook for the promotion of my site. I'm not interested in getting too involved in it. You'll notice I'm friends with lots of horror convention profiles, and events. I use FB to keep up to date with the horror scene and will be using it, in time, to promote my site.

I'm not certain when I set the account up, but I would have thought it before May. I could be mistaken.

Well, yes - I agree. It is ridiculous. But being accused of something you have no idea about, when you've joined a board with the intention of enjoying yourself, is not a nice feeling.

I suppose I have felt compelled to prove my innocence here.

I just want this to be done now. I've done everything I can for Telepath to prove to him I am not some ex-poster, he said if I did this he'd admit he was mistaken and move on.

That's all I want - to forget this and get down to posting.

Well, I'd rather not disclose that. I will tell you North Yorkshire. There shouldn't be any doubt now! I've done all I can here.

Aside from posting my correspondence from a number of days ago with Mark (Esquire) I don't know what else I can do.

Let me get this right.

You would add a person on facebook, exposing said person to all of your friends and their frinds as well as their daily activities., girlfriends names, family members and where you all work etc etc ..... but wouldn't let said person know what school you attend ???

I don't know about you but I have about 600 plus friends on facebook from various provinces lived in, with multple schools, multple high schools, 2 different courses in post secondary school education and 15 years of playing both hockey, and football (soccer) and the last thing I would be worried about is telling someone what school I went to.

Rich

Well, I'd rather not disclose that. I will tell you North Yorkshire. There shouldn't be any doubt now! I've done all I can here.

Aside from posting my correspondence from a number of days ago with Mark (Esquire) I don't know what else I can do.

Let me get this right.

You would add a person on facebook, exposing said person to all of your friends and their frinds as well as their daily activities., girlfriends names, family members and where you all work etc etc ..... but wouldn't let said person know what school you attend ???

I don't know about you but I have about 600 plus friends on facebook from various provinces lived in, with multple schools, multple high schools, 2 different courses in post secondary school education and 15 years of playing both hockey, and football (soccer) and the last thing I would be worried about is telling someone what school I went to.

Rich

Rich, like I said, I only set up FB for my site. I have no intention of using it for personal use. I made this clear earlier in the thread.

Let me get this right.

Rich

I guess you missed the part where FT mentioned that Creep had no friends and no information to expose on his FB site. So I guess your answer would be "yes". He has no problem exposing nothing to everybody.

Let me get this right.

Rich

I guess you missed the part where FT mentioned that Creep had no friends and no information to expose on his FB site. So I guess your answer would be "yes". He has no problem exposing nothing to everybody.

lol

I just want this to be done now. I've done everything I can for Telepath to prove to him I am not some ex-poster, he said if I did this he'd admit he was mistaken and move on.

That's all I want - to forget this and get down to posting.

I said that if you proved you were not some ex-poster...I'd admit I was mistaken.

But you haven't, you won't and I wasn't.

However, I am done. (thumbs u

What else can I do? Think about it - how can anyone here prove they aren't somebody else? It's extremely hard to prove who you say you are on the internet of all places.

I will grant you there are a lot of deceptive -stirrers around who do nothing but try to create drama. I am NOT one of them.

The fact is I'm a guy who loves comics who came here on the recommendation of Mark to talk about comic books with like-minded fans.

I've done my very best to make you happy, to ease your suspicions - I don't know what you want.

These are hardly the actions of an ex-poster trying to stir things up. Think about it - you think I'd go to the lengths of setting up a website and Facebook page, weeks in advance, just to try and pull the wool over your eyes? The whole thing is daft.

Again, for the record, I will swear on the lives of all I care about that I have never been here before, have the best of intentions and simply want to talk comics and make some like-minded friends.

If you STILL refuse to believe what I tell you, then that is your prerogative, but I find this whole thing really unfair of you when I've clearly gone out of my way to clear this up.

Can we agree to drop the whole thing, and to let me just post without any more completely unfounded accusations?

Kind of difficult for it 2 be proven beyond a reasonable doubt as is so much more on these boards unless someone starts trying 2 sell books that were previously attempted 2 be sold by said shill accounts.

If thecreep is who he says he is perhaps the mods won't boot him and he will have a long and happy career here at the forums.

Most people are willing 2 give a new user a chance but understand that we have shill accounts that have been suspended from these forums signing up with new accounts on a daily basis for some uncanny reasons.

Hopefully you aren't a shill and move forward.

If thecreep is who he says he is perhaps the mods won't boot him and he will have a long and happy career here at the forums.

I would love that, but it's not going to be very happy for me at this rate!

I am guessing the mods/admins will have seen this thread by now, they've probably looked into this - if they thought there was anything untoward I would have thought my account would be gone by now.

I actually emailed them trying to clear this up, through the CGC site (via the contact link at the bottom of these boards), where I had to give my full name and address. Which I happily did because I've nothing to hide here.

Can we call an end to this now?

Don't shills typically trip up eventually? If Creep isn't the real deal, it will come out. TBH, I have never seen such a grilling before in my life. If I were a newbie and this was how I was treated, i'd leave this place and tell everyone I know to stay away from it. (shrug)

Most people are willing 2 give a new user a chance but understand that we have shill accounts that have been suspended from these forums signing up with new accounts on a daily basis for some uncanny reasons.

I am not here to defraud anyone. I don't even have much interest in buying comics on here, let alone trying to sell them.

I just want to talk about comics! I'm just taken aback because I've never experienced anything quite like this upon signing up to a message board.

I am not here to defraud anyone. I don't even have much interest in buying comics on here, let alone trying to sell them.

I just want to talk about comics! I'm just taken aback because I've never experienced anything quite like this upon signing up to a message board.

Relax. Go about your business. It really is a pretty great place. And FT is a pretty good fellow. Just a bit jaded. As are many and for good reason. But I think the whole guilty until proven innocent thing going on here is a tad over the line.

Don't shills typically trip up eventually? If Creep isn't the real deal, it will come out. TBH, I have never seen such a grilling before in my life. If I were a newbie and this was how I was treated, i'd leave this place and tell everyone I know to stay away from it. (shrug)

I was extremely tempted to get the hell out of here, as you can see early on in the thread. But there are lots of people who have been nothing but kind and welcoming in the utmost and that has made me stick it out for now.

But if this stuff continues I have no interest in posting here anymore.

I would love that, but it's not going to be very happy for me at this rate!

I am guessing the mods/admins will have seen this thread by now, they've probably looked into this - if they thought there was anything untoward I would have thought my account would be gone by now.

I actually emailed them trying to clear this up, through the CGC site (via the contact link at the bottom of these boards), where I had to give my full name and address. Which I happily did because I've nothing to hide here.

Can we call an end to this now?

Yeah,I'm getting pretty tired of this too :P

All I can say is Welcome to the boards and have fun posting here.

But I think the whole guilty until proven innocent thing going on here is a tad over the line.

I did nearly ask if Telepath had heard of the term 'innocent until proven guilty' and then decided against it. Heaven forbid the guy I've been mixed up with might have said the the same thing before, you know?

It is completely unreasonable to accuse anyone of anything to this kind of degree based on nothing but speculation.

Had I tried to trick someone out of money, or badmouth CGC on their own boards, I might understand this.