• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT ...R.I.P Bob Probert.....45 is too young an age to die.

81 posts in this topic

Poor Jim Kyte.

He tried to fight all the big guys but had a hell of a time when guys like semenko ,hunter and Kocur were around...

He was actually Def too ....

I still the Jets, hopefully we will see them back by christmas !!

Yeah, remember the Kyte/Rob Ray fight. Kyte didn't fare too well in that one either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzU3uTXTl7k

Poor Jim Kyte.

He tried to fight all the big guys but had a hell of a time when guys like semenko ,hunter and Kocur were around...

Yeah, remember the Kyte/Rob Ray fight. Kyte didn't fare too well in that one either.

Thats why the jets eventually picked up Domi and Dave Manson. NO ONE messed with Manson ...insane MF'er

Poor Jim Kyte.

Thats why the jets eventually picked up Domi and Dave Manson. NO ONE messed with Manson ...insane MF'er

Manson was pretty good. You know he had speech problems because dough-boy Sergio Momesso hit him square in the throat with a punch.

Poor Jim Kyte.

Manson was pretty good. You know he had speech problems because dough-boy Sergio Momesso hit him square in the throat with a punch.

I remember his old interviews ... he sounded scarier then he was mean ...

Well here is my favorite...The night the lights went out in 1987 ....

enjoy

With Canada in contention for gold and leading Russia 4-2 in their final game, the lights went out - literally. A bench-clearing brawl erupted and officials, struggling to restore order, had the lights in the arena shut off. The players continued to fight in the dark, and organizers were forced to cancel the game. Both teams were eventually disqualified from the competition. (TSN)

Hockey is a beautiful sport that is ruined by the street fighting mentality that belongs out on the local pond and not in professional sports.

bb :sumo:

I am surprised a guy from PA would say that ???

The home of the toughest SOB hockey team ever

I am not going to critisize the "Broad Street Bullies" cause I might get some South Philly fans knocking at my door but I never enjoyed watching the players pound each other while circling on the ice. The league should protect their stars and not force the team to retaliate for every legal or illegal hit. Hockey is bloody enough without the intentional violence. I went to a Philly vs the Penguins game many years ago and watched Mario get a hat trick but in the last period he also got a puck in the face which covered the ice with blood. It all seemed legal at the time but everything happens fast on the ice.

Well here is my favorite...The night the lights went out in 1987 ....

enjoy

With Canada in contention for gold and leading Russia 4-2 in their final game, the lights went out - literally. A bench-clearing brawl erupted and officials, struggling to restore order, had the lights in the arena shut off. The players continued to fight in the dark, and organizers were forced to cancel the game. Both teams were eventually disqualified from the competition. (TSN)

Those who aren't die hard Red Wings fans probably don't know this but during that World Junior brawl, there was one Russian kid doing his damndest to fight back against the Canadians. His name was Vladimir Konstantinov. One of the best overall defenseman I ever saw play. The great coach Scotty Bowman once said that the Wings drafted Konstantinov b/c of that game.

Hockey is a beautiful sport that is ruined by the street fighting mentality that belongs out on the local pond and not in professional sports.

I am not going to critisize the "Broad Street Bullies" cause I might get some South Philly fans knocking at my door but I never enjoyed watching the players pound each other while circling on the ice. The league should protect their stars and not force the team to retaliate for every legal or illegal hit. Hockey is bloody enough without the intentional violence. I went to a Philly vs the Penguins game many years ago and watched Mario get a hat trick but in the last period he also got a puck in the face which covered the ice with blood. It all seemed legal at the time but everything happens fast on the ice.

Well, the Bullies put a bit of a different spin on what was already a bloody and brutally vicious sport. There are some great documentaries about them during those years. I'm an avid fight fan but even I have my limits. I'm big on sticking up for your teammates and righting wrongs that occur on the ice. I'm not so big on guys just looking to fight with no cause or purpose or in retaliation for perfectly clean, legal hits. It's running rampant in today's game and bugs the krap out of me.

Well, the Bullies put a bit of a different spin on what was already a bloody and brutally vicious sport. There are some great documentaries about them during those years. I'm an avid fight fan but even I have my limits. I'm big on sticking up for your teammates and righting wrongs that occur on the ice. I'm not so big on guys just looking to fight with no cause or purpose or in retaliation for perfectly clean, legal hits. It's running rampant in today's game and bugs the krap out of me.

I am sure you all have seen the HBO documentary on the Bullies. If you havent it is must see tv

I still get goose bumps when I watch this. My all time favorite hockey brawl Turtle
Mccarty was another Drug/ Booze casualty but a great scrapper

McCarty, McSorley, Domi, Kocur, GRIMSON and obviously Probert were in my humble opinion the best of the best. (Howe should be in there too obviously...just before my time that is why I forget him)

I still get goose bumps when I watch this. My all time favorite hockey brawl Turtle
Mccarty was another Drug/ Booze casualty but a great scrapper

McCarty, McSorley, Domi, Kocur, GRIMSON and obviously Probert were in my humble opinion the best of the best. (Howe should be in there too obviously...just before my time that is why I forget him)

I'm actually not a big fan of Darren McCarty. Don't get me wrong, loved having him as a Wing and the moment he beat up on Claude Lemieux is one of the greatest hockey memories I have. I'm just not big on him as a great fighter. He was very good. In his younger years he threw more wildly and was fun to watch. But overall, he had very little punching power. Definitely nowhere near what it would need to be to be considered a top flight heavyweight. He was more of a middle-weight IMO and it was his ability to play the game that really made him into a solid contributor.

Put it this way, no tough guy ever feared fighting Darren McCarty. He just wasn't that prolific.

That said, here's a fun video of DMac just PWNING Cam Russell. And the 2nd clip is is one of the funniest ever, (GRAPHIC LANGUAGE ALERT) but it kind of gives you the idea of what kind of trash talking you'd go through and the refs just don't do anything. Just a part of being a hockey player.

object>

Just really bad language in this one....but sorry, I laugh at it every time

Effen hockey players goons should just be taken out and shot

an I'll add.....good riddance to Probert

Effen hockey players goons should just be taken out and shot

an I'll add.....good riddance to Probert

Hmmmm... lucky you're saying that in your mama's spare room in panzyville Oregon and not in a bar in Detroit son....