• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con 2010 - Accepting Submissions!!!

642 posts in this topic

EvilAsh, FFcomics, and Peter Palmer will be accepting submissions for CGC Signature Series for Dragon Con 2010 September 3-6 (Labor Day Weekend)

Dragon Con is a great show with a HUGE guest list. There are plenty of media guests, many of whom don't make many/any other appearances. The comic guests are top-notch and very accessible at this show. Evil Ash and I will be the Facilitators and FFComics will be our designated Contract Authorized Witness.

Submission Prices:

Modern....$35.00.....1980-Present..Max value $200

Economy...$45.00.....any year......Max value $300

Standard..$65.00.....any year......Max value $1000

Standard CGC shipping rates apply. Check here for details

Most media guests charge for their signature; typically in the range of $20-$30. We're asking that every media guest signature request be accompanied by $25 to cover that cost. If it ends up being more or less, we'll settle up afterwards. A $5 fee will be added to every media guest signature request due to the long lines associated with obtaining them. However, you only pay that fee once per guest. If you're getting 2 or more sigs from the same person, you only pay $5. (thumbs u

There is no additional fee for getting comic creators to sign your books. Whether you get 1 signature on a book or 20, all you pay is the regular grading/shipping fees. If a guest charges for a sig, that cost will be passed on to you.

Note: At previous shows, Neal Adams has charged $5 per signature and we anticipate the same rate for this show. Please keep this in mind when preparing a submission. :)

Sketch requests:

We'll be taking a limited number of sketch requests. These will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and should be worked out via PM. :)

What to submit:

Every submission must be accompanied by the owner's name, board name, shipping address, and payment info. If you have any special requests (pen color, endorsements, location, etc.) let us know and we'll try our best to oblige. (thumbs u

Deadlines:

All books should be sent to me (Peter Palmer). I'll prep all the books and drive down September 2nd. Please have them to me by August 27th so I have time to prep and organize them. (worship)

Guest List (so far)

Comic Creators:

Doktor A

Neal Adams

Glenn Barr

Dan Brereton

J. Scott Campbell

Olivier Coipel

Amanda Conner

Darwyn Cooke

Peter David

Huck Gee

Donato Giancola

Kelley Jones - Rare appearance...Knightfall, anyone?

Stan Lee - We are taking a limited number of Stan Lee sig requests as all 3 of us are interested in meeting up with Stan at the show and will be paying close attention as to how to make this happen. However, it's our understanding that Desertwind Comics (Chandler & Sharon) will be at the show to run the Stan Lee signings. I'm sure when the details get figured out, he'll be available to take your Stan Lee sig requests as well. :)

Joseph Michael Linsner

Todd Lockwood

Travis Louie

Don Maitz

Mike McKone

Mike Mignola

Kathie Olivas

Jimmy Palmiotti

George Perez

Brandt Peters

John Picacio

Tim Sale

Shag

Greg Simkins

Paul Smith

Vincent Villafranca

Battlestar Galactica:

Edward James Olmos

Erica Cerra

Aaron Douglas

Richard Hatch

Rekha Sharma

Matthew Bennett

Jamie Bamber

Jason:

Kane Hodder

Lexa Doig

Heroes:

David H. Lawrence XVII

Elisabeth Rohm

Sendhil Ramamurthy

Adrian Pasdar

I Dream of Jeannie:

Larry Hagman

Bill Daily

Barbara Eden

Mystery Science Theater 3000:

Trace Beaulieu

Frank Conniff

Kevin Murphy

Bill Corbett

Mary Jo Pehl

Joel Hodgson

J. Elvis Weinstein

Firefly/Serenity:

Morena Baccarin

Sean Maher

Jewel Staite

Pirates of the Caribbean:

Lee Arenberg

Martin Klebba

Smallville:

Alaina Huffman - Black Canary

Michael Shanks - Hawkman

Laura Vandervoort - Supergirl

James Marsters - Brainiac

Star Trek: Deep Space 9:

Avery Brooks

Armin Shimerman

Rene Auberjonois

J.G. Hertzler

Robert O'Reilly

Star Trek: The Next Generation:

Jonathan Frakes

LeVar Burton

Brent Spiner

Denise Crosby

John de Lancie

Marina Sirtis

Star Trek: Voyager:

Robert Duncan McNeill

Garrett Wang

Robert Beltran

Venture Bros.

Jackson Publick

Doc Hammer

True Blood:

Nelsan Ellis

Sam Trammell

Kristin Bauer

Michelle Forbes

Twilight:

Chaske Spencer

Alex Meraz

Daniel Cudmore

X-men:

Ray Park

Daniel Cudmore

Warehouse 13:

Eddie McClintock

Saul Rubinek

Mark A. Sheppard

Star Wars:

Ray Park

Daniel Logan

Marc Singer - Beastmaster

Luke Perry - Beverly Hills, 90210

James Marsters - Buffy (Spike)

Larry Hagman - Dallas (JR)

Frazier Hines - Dr. Who

Sean Astin - Goonies, Lord of the Rings, Rudy

Corin Nemic - Parker Lewis Can't Lose (Parker Lewis)

Shawnee Smith - Saw

Linda Hamilton - Terminator 2 (Sarah Connor)

Kelly LeBrock - Weird Science (Lisa)

Sandeep Parikh - The Guild

Danielle Harris - Halloween

Marta Kristen - Lost in Space (Judy Robinson)

Kevin Sorbo - Hercules

Thank you! We'll update this thread as new guests are announced. Last year, they kept adding media guests even a few days before the show, so you never know who else will show up. Please PM any one of us if you have any questions. Thanks!

The prices for Stan Lee sigs for Dragon Con have yet to be set. We'll keep this thread updated as soon as we hear anything. I'm anticipating not hearing anything about it until after SDCC in a few weeks.

Fixed and Fixed. Thanks guys! Keep it up! I did the list manually from what the website gave me and I was bound to make a few omissions. :blush:

And if you guys think the website is bad, you should see the program! lol I think they made this a 4-day show because they anticipate people getting lost trying to figure out where they want to go.

This con is so out of control good, I want to smack myself. Adam, as soon as I get my San Diego stuff out, I will PM you about this show. Save me about 35-40 spots. :o